SB Pro PE 2.4x Upgrade - Announcements & Discussion

Ssnake

• Members
What about the height & terrain maps that are available on this site though ?

Will the new game have them all?

Probably not. We only have a commercial license for those map files that get installed with the software. Anything beyond that initial stock is something that you need to take care of by yourselves. There are in any case way too many maps floating the interweb that we could include them all.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
If you uninstall using the uninstaller it will only remove the original folders - it will leave your user files in place - skins in the My Documents path, AAR files, screenshots, Scenarios in the My Documents path, additional terrain maps and themes.

Yes... that's how it is supposed to work, and usually it does. I still recommend making a backup.

• Members
I want to put in my pre-order as well. But I would like some more info on the new manual, which is available for order as well.

Is there anywhere where you could get summarized everything about the new manual.

In any case, SB Pro PE 2.460 will install a PDF version of it. There are a couple of errata in it, a couple of sections dealing with aspects that were poorly covered in the previous manual, and explanations of elements that got added since the manual was made in early 2006. All in all I think that 90% are probably still the same, maybe even 95%. Whether that justifies the expense is up to your personal judgement.

Personally I'd do it ince it doesn't cost that much more. But I'm one of those weirdos that still have the original manual of the 1989 M1TP manual in the office shelf.

Thanks Ssnake. It's always good to have a manual that is up to date, and 5$ extra for the pre-order isn't much to complain about, even if most of the content is the same! I can always sell my old manual on e-bay to collectors of your breed... :biggrin:

cheers Porphyr

I got the email newsletter and it states “For those who ordered SB Pro PE since last Christmas, eSim Games will send out a free upgrade CD automatically. All customers will be notified about this personally,” stated Hinrichsen." So I was wondering if I need to order the disc or not? As I purchased the sim a couple months ago.

• Members
I got the email newsletter and it states “For those who ordered SB Pro PE since last Christmas, eSim Games will send out a free upgrade CD automatically. All customers will be notified about this personally,” stated Hinrichsen." So I was wondering if I need to order the disc or not? As I purchased the sim a couple months ago.

If you got an email from me starting with "Dear [insert your first name here]" and containing the phrase "You NEED NOT order an upgrade package", then you need not order an upgrade package. As we had to apply a cut somewhere, it turned out to be December 5th.

• Members

No. Besides, where would be the big advantage that vehicles with integrated battlefield management systems have over those without it? The F5 map view already offers way more functionality than one would have with a paper map.

You'll love the Leo 2E for its integrated map screen.

(Yes, I know, the M1A2 had IVIS, the M1A2SEP and other US vehicles now have FBCB2, but No, this is not intentional discrimination ud US equipment. We all know you're better, OK?)

Yeh, I guess the 2E is the next favorite...

I find any option of interfacing with a simulator interesting, in order to improve immersion (and just for sheer fun), but I know that SB is quite a "closed" simulator, and I can guess a number of reasons why it is so.

BTW, it isn't US equipment that I refer to, if at anything, it is Israeli :)

I would like to have independant map too, and a shared memory table of all switch to export them to externals panels via a Xkey I/O card. But all of this is for military customers, not for civilians.

I 'm just an tank enthousiast wich like to recreate his tank at home! ok, ok, I am more than that!

attachment.php?attachmentid=5444&d=1180257423