SB Pro PE 2.4x Upgrade - Announcements & Discussion

Ssnake

Now that I understand how the updates work that all makes perfect sense and I agree with your approach.

Also, I'm going to purchase SB within the next couple days and would like to clarify that with the additional license purchase (for $150 total) two users can have full access to the game on different computers? thanks

Yes, with the proviso that the second machine must be able to 'see' the license held on the stick connected to the first. This is usually straightforward with a windows LAN.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, with the proviso that the second machine must be able to 'see' the license held on the stick connected to the first. This is usually straightforward with a windows LAN.

Just initially, or does it always have to be that way in order for the 2nd license to work?

The secondary machine must always be able to 'see' the license server running on the machine with the Codemeter stick. All machines can then either run independently in single-user mode, or can be used to run one or more multiplayer sessions in a peer-peer mode. Any machine can host these sessions, it needn't be the physical 'host' of the Codemeter stick (which AFAIK needn't even have the SB software installed, it just requires the CM software to be running in server mode).

The licenses are stored on the dongle which must be present on one machine and serve the licenses to the other connected* machines. There is some loss of flexibility but a large saving in cost if this arrangement is feasible.

You have the ability to install SB ProPE onto as many machines as you like though, and can run as many simultaneous sessions as you have licenses (up to 8 per stick).

• Members
...... would like to clarify that with the additional license purchase (for $150 total) two users can have full access to the game on different computers?

Lieste already wrote it. The idea is that if you have a home LAN you can buy a secondary license. "Secondary" indicates that it's not just another license; both computers must be running and have a network connection established. They need not play together though (but of course they can).

• Members

No, I can't. I could list the current contracts, but there are more in the pipeline so it is likely (but still uncertain) that by the time that we have completed our current work new work will have emerged.

There will be however new crewable ... elements, and a new vehicle, all with unique fire control systems.

I'd far prefer the T-72 over the T-80. And, of course, an M1A2 SEPv2. <- It seems that would be the easiest, given all the commonality with the M1A1.

commonalities.. well, lets see now, new armour, new FCS, with fixed horizontal stab,

new TIS with better resolution, new TC periscope, with its own FCS, that "remembers" the last positions of the enemies, not to mention FBCB2, new larger TC's periscopes, and removal of the TC's remote .50 cupola, with pintle-mounted .50 cal instead.

so you basically have a new interior model, and a lot of programming. it might look similar on the outside, but on the inside, its as different as a CV9040 and CV9035.

IF we're adding the M1A2 SEP, its more likely that it will be unplayable at first.

commonalities.. well, lets see now, new armour, new FCS, with fixed horizontal stab,

new TIS with better resolution, new TC periscope, with its own FCS, that "remembers" the last positions of the enemies, not to mention FBCB2, new larger TC's periscopes, and removal of the TC's remote .50 cupola, with pintle-mounted .50 cal instead...

dam1a2sep.jpg

• 3 months later...