How to defeat the new active-protection systems implemented in 4.1

Marko

Hi

I was wondering what tactic you guys will employ to engage a target you know will have APS fitted 

Is there any ATGM in game designed to fool or prematurely detonate the system.

I was thinking spike with its its top attack capability mite do it,  Or volley fire from a tank platoon 

Or just keep engaging it till it runs out of grenades

I know tandem warheads were deigned to penetrate reactive Armour etc

11 minutes ago, delta6 said:

If the APS is not a multi function system ( autoloading) I would simply fire 1 missile then follow up with a second one about 3 sec after the first..

Seemingly the Russian system has multiple reloads.

(but don't quote me on this) the system does not cover a full 360. the turret has to be pointing in the direction of the incoming projectile.

Trophy does but does not carry as many reloads.

Just how well this has been modeled i am looking forward to finding out the mere fact Esim have managed to model this is outstanding. IMO

1 hour ago, Marko said:

Hi

I was wondering what tactic you guys will employ to engage a target you know will have APS fitted 

Is there any ATGM in game designed to fool or prematurely detonate the system.

I was thinking spike with its its top attack capability mite do it,  Or volley fire from a tank platoon 

Or just keep engaging it till it runs out of grenades

I know tandem warheads were deigned to penetrate reactive Armour etc

Troop fire.

A few T-14 centric suggestions:

1. T-14s launchers are mounted on the turret covering the arc either side of the gun. If you avoid the suicidal frontal arc of the vehicle (as you should be anyway), the T-14 needs time to traverse to the rear 180 degrees to engage targets.

2. Multi directional attack. Again attack from different flanks at once (a bit like 5 Shermans for 1 Panther). The T-14 will need to traverse to deal with the incoming threat and at that point the turret will be flank on to your 2nd or 3rd vehicle. Probably also ideal for multi angle RPG shots in urban terrain.

3. Volley fire. As 12 Alfa alluded to above using Troop Fire to saturate a given aspect will overwhelm the specific defensive launcher.

Of course this doesn't cover broader solutions such as obstacles, DPICM strikes, etc. all of which could make a given vehicle irrelevant / damaged well before you need to actually shoot at it.

Video explaining the two main APS systems in use.

Kingtiger the T-14 has one fixed launcher for top attack ATGM's

As Gibsonm 12-Alfa and others have stated overwhelming the system seems to be the best option.

31 minutes ago, munckmb said:

Bill is top attack I believe.

Yes and no, the shaped charge comes from above, but the missile is only flying 0.7m above LOS from missile system. When I refer to top attack i meant for example javelins top approach. BILL flies straight towards the target but detonate just above target = prime target for afghanit.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have seen that the AHEAD round from the CV9035 series can destroy optical sensors on an MBT, effectively blinding it. Would there be scope for a 120mm AHEAD round to blind an enemy tank and perhaps destroy its APS launchers? As it would be much larger, it could use a directional laser proximity fuse and therefore overcome the need for an induction fuse setter either internally or at the muzzle. The same round would make a useful unitary inert projectile against APCs etc. by turning off the fuse prior to loading.