When is the new Version coming out ?

ashdivay

16 minutes ago, Koen said:

When could we expect the preordered manual and stick ?

and the mystery item !

tx !

Well it does say, on the order page, that the sticks will ship on / after 04 AUG. ;)

*Shipments will be delayed until approximately Aug 4.*

I guess that's so the stick can include the combined 4.156 + patch (either 2 x installers or one new, 4.1XX Installer).

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

No, the stick will only contain version 4.156 (and the map installer, of course). But people booked their non-refundable vacations well in advance, which were originally well after the scheduled release date, except that it took us longer.

11 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

But people booked their non-refundable vacations well in advance, which were originally well after the scheduled release date, except that it took us longer.

You let them leave the R&D Love Shack??? :)

On a more serious note, I suspect they are well and truly deserving of a break, they must feel pretty burnt out after the last few years of sustained effort.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Administrators
1 minute ago, delta6 said:

Just a simple question..Could I run the sim if I put it in a location other than c drive??

I want to keep my main drives as clear as possible and I have and external hard drive with lots of room..

Yes.

• Members

If your drive has been permanently assigned the same drive letter AND plugged in every time you start Steel Beasts AND has been unlocked (Bitlocker etc.) I see no problem (aside from performance issues, maybe).

While I can emotionally relate to the desire for a "clean" disk drive, I still think that it is a largely misguided and futile attempt to apply real-life principles to data storage. Data storage is highly orderly from a machine point of view, even if it appears highly chaotic to the human brain. And the purpose of a data storage device is to store data, not to stay empty. ;)

• Administrators
8 hours ago, delta6 said:

Thank you Sean..Now bear with me and tell me how I would access the maps if I placed them on the external hard drive???

Pro pe handles it.  If you tell the map installer the path where to store them, the pro pe installer will remember that.