Pro PE 4.1 Maps and Downloader Posted

Sean

• Administrators

The maps contained in the download represent all the maps that have been pre converted to the new map format.  You can select where you want to install these, and the Pro PE installer should pick up the location when it installs.  The release notes have more detail on this.

Grab the files here:

https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1607

20 minutes ago, Scrapper_511 said:

Since I purchased the hard copy bundle, I must resist this download, on principle. 😆

Ah yes but the USB stick wont ship until at least the 4th of August.

Therefore I at least am doing the download too, otherwise you wont be using it for quite a few days / weeks (depending on how far away your delivery time is from wherever they will be shipping from) after everyone else.

Of course if you have a limited allocation of bandwidth per month, that may be a contributing factor to your decision.

Edited by Gibsonm

10 minutes ago, Scrapper_511 said:

Okay fine, sir, you’re being prudent, not impatient. 😉

4 Aug? Good thing I’ll be preoccupied on an end of summer road trip!

Well the exact entry on the purchase page reads:

• *Shipments will be delayed until approximately Aug 4.*

So I guess it could be before or after 04 AUG.

Edited by Gibsonm

Had a file not found error (please take a look at the screenshot), when clicking on the connect button of the download manager.

I tried to run the download manager in admin mode. Same error.

My workaround: Downloaded the files manually.

System: Win 10 Pro / 64bit  (runs within a local windows domain)

Ram: 32 GB

CPU i7-5960X 3 GHz

fileNotFound.jpg

• Administrators

The map download package manager does not download all the maps for you.  That is what the big download is for.  Its really for future use for map distribution down the line.  Its designed to get one map package at a time.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

The map download package manager does not download all the maps for you.  That is what the big download is for.  Its really for future use for map distribution down the line.  Its designed to get one map package at a time.

Ok, understood, thank you Sean, have a nice weekend 😎

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Well the exact entry on the purchase page reads:

• *Shipments will be delayed until approximately Aug 4.*

So I guess it could be before or after 04 AUG.

That was the worst case scenario.  It could be earlier than that.

• Members
3 hours ago, Hoover said:

Had a file not found error (please take a look at the screenshot), when clicking on the connect button of the download manager.

I tried to run the download manager in admin mode. Same error.

My workaround: Downloaded the files manually.

Did you reboot after installing the download manager?

17 minutes ago, Retro said:

Did you reboot after installing the download manager?

It doesn't matter.

As Sean said the download manager is for downloading maps from the Map server, which isn't running yet (i.e. "This tool is used to get maps from the eSimGames map server."), not to manager the downloads of the ten components of the map pack:

3 hours ago, Sean said:

You still need to individually download 1A, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B, 2C, 3A, 3B, 3C and the Executable from the downloads page individually.

Edited by Gibsonm

Hello, great to see the map downloads available as preload and looking forward to Monday.  Dumb question.  Thought I had seen several posts refer to the fact the map files would be 30GB or so and that is why USB sticks were being offered.  When I downloaded all the files today, my total was only around 13GB which is pretty small (comparatively to other games).  Did I not download the right thing?  Or was the 30GB referring to after the maps were installed versus the install files?

Although I just did an install and the folder they installed to was only 13.5GB...so a little confused on the past 30GB statements.

Thanks.

Edited by Grim.Reaper

3 hours ago, Retro said:

Did you reboot

As promised, Yes,  I still get a file not found error.

I assume the map downloader searches for a file in the steelbeasts 4.1. installation.

As steelbeasts 4.1 is not released yet and therefore no sb installation exists the map downloader throws an error.

I hope anything I wrote makes sense😉.

Anyway it's not a problem, as Sean wrote...

6 hours ago, Sean said:

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Grim.Reaper said:

Hello, great to see the map downloads available as preload and looking forward to Monday.  Dumb question.  Thought I had seen several posts refer to the fact the map files would be 30GB or so and that is why USB sticks were being offered.  When I downloaded all the files today, my total was only around 13GB which is pretty small (comparatively to other games).  Did I not download the right thing?  Or was the 30GB referring to after the maps were installed versus the install files?

Although I just did an install and the folder they installed to was only 13.5GB...so a little confused on the past 30GB statements.

Thanks.

Once the maps are decompressed, they take up more space.  We were close enough to using the entire usable space of a 16gb stick that we went with a 32gb one instead.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Hoover said:

As promised, Yes,  I still get a file not found error.

I assume the map downloader searches for a file in the steelbeasts 4.1. installation.

As steelbeasts 4.1 is not released yet and therefore no sb installation exists the map downloader throws an error.

I hope anything I wrote makes sense😉.

Anyway it's not a problem, as Sean wrote...

I'm 90% sure there is a dependency on c++ runtime, which gets installed with the pro pe installer.  Try again once the pro pe installer is installed and it should work.

• Members
2 hours ago, Grim.Reaper said:

When I downloaded all the files today, my total was only around 13GB which is pretty small (comparatively to other games).  Did I not download the right thing?

It sounds as if you downloaded everything just fine.

Thank you eSim for providing the maps as a pre-download! Hard work - great stuff!

FYI, with a download rate at about 50 Mb/s it takes half an hour to download the whole package if using 3 nodes simultaneously, 3 x 9 min (didn't want to occupy all nodes at the same time).

Just if anyone else wants to plan their download in between real life events 😁... 

Cheers,

Ingolf

Edited by Ingolf

Anybody else having issues with corrupt files? I have downloaded the files 4 times and each time the install fails saying the files are corrupt. I have disabled my internet security software and tried Firefox and Edge browsers for the download . I have tried saving to documents and desktop. I have tried restarting and finally ignore with no success. Each download has failed at a different map (near the beginning of the install. Actually I believe I tried both the "old" Edge and the Chromium Edge as my computer updated during the night to the Windows 10 1903 build.