Pre Orders Shipped 7/26

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't received my package. I got the letter directing me to pay customs around two weeks ago and payed immediately. Still no package though, so tomorrow I will call the Postal Service. REALLY annoying, but obviously not your fault eSim. 

8 hours ago, Ssnake said:

If it's any consolation, I ordered my two copies on June 27, and still no sign of them...

I would be less annoyed if it weren't for the fact that the Swedish Postal Service are really quick to demand payment, but once the fee is payed, they couldn't care less. Calling them today though. Hope yours get to you soon!

• Members

Here, I usually have to visit the local customs office, a good 30 minutes ride one way, then waiting for another 30 minutes, unboxing, assessing the contents, waiting for another 10 minutes as they calculate the fee, taking the slip to the cashier, paying, taking the slip with the cashier's stamp back, driving home.

Or, the mail man delivers your book with the words "we had to repackage it" and then you see that the barbarian from customs slashed the original package and cut the back of the book in half, along with the last dozen pages. Great.

1 hour ago, daft said:

I would be less annoyed if it weren't for the fact that the Swedish Postal Service are really quick to demand payment, but once the fee is payed, they couldn't care less. Calling them today though. Hope yours get to you soon!

My package hit customs monday 5th, paid same day and got it deliverd friday 9th. So yeah our swedish customs are not quick...

• Members

...and I just ruined the opportunity for an unboxing video. But then again, I never understood what the point of these were.

Anyway, got my copies, and I have to say that the new manual is visibly thicker than its predecessors. Had hoped for a bit more impressive laser engraving; white on silver isn't optimal, I had espected something blackish. Still, all in all not too bad. :)

1 hour ago, Kingtiger said:

My package hit customs monday 5th, paid same day and got it deliverd friday 9th. So yeah our swedish customs are not quick...

Yeah, and now I'm really pissed off. Calling them puts me as number 135 in the queue. I think they've lost it or sent it back for some reason. 

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Contact me and Shipping (at eSim...), as soon as you have confirmation that they lost it.

Will do. I spoke to them today and they told me to wait three more days. So I'll get back to you if the package doesn't show up by Tuesday next week.

On 8/3/2019 at 8:58 PM, DanTDBV said:

Got the Tax notification letter from the postal company Friday and i payed my dues online the same evening. They should ship it the rest of the way monday. I'm in Denmark

As expected I got it on Tuesday 6 august.

The surprise item is perfect for my Acer Aspire One laptop. 😀

Unfortunately I haven't had any time to delve into it, but i look forward to doing that.

Thank you to the team at eSim and testers.

• Members

If your cases are the only two, globally, of the packages that we sent out, it's about what could be expected, statistically speaking. Of course it sucks to be one of those cases, but all in all I have to defend postal companies in that they lose packages less often that most people think (some countries are worse than others, admittedly). And they would lose them even fewer times were it not for the external customs processing at borders, something over which the carriers have no control, and there are two custody handovers which occasionally fail even in the most regulated and controlled case of law enforcement, when pieces of evidence are passed around.

No one is pointing fingers at you or Esim Nils.

I however squarely point 10 fingers and 10 toes at Post Nord (The Swedish postal services actually bought ours, so its the same company now). Also I didnt lose my package. It just took them forever to process it - forcing me to download everything via the download page.

I will have to accept that I have to pay a substantial amount of money to get the package imported ... for reasons - again not pointing fingers at anyone in Esim.

BUT for the HUGE fee they take to open my parcel and send me a letter, then they at least could send the parcel to me in a timely manner once I have paid.

My wife actually experienced that the postal services sent her parcel BACK to what turned out to be China (it was a danish company that forgot to state that they sent their stuff from China - so she ALREADY paid danish VAT and tax on the items)

.... they claimed that its because she didnt reply in time, but thats a lie: not only did she not ever get a letter from the postal services. She actually called them several times, where they went from "we cant see it in our system" to "we dont know" to "ahh .. that one has been sent back because you didnt contact us".

Edited by Nike-Ajax

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

If your cases are the only two, globally, of the packages that we sent out, it's about what could be expected, statistically speaking. Of course it sucks to be one of those cases, but all in all I have to defend postal companies in that they lose packages less often that most people think (some countries are worse than others, admittedly). And they would lose them even fewer times were it not for the external customs processing at borders, something over which the carriers have no control, and there are two custody handovers which occasionally fail even in the most regulated and controlled case of law enforcement, when pieces of evidence are passed around.

No fingers pointed at you! Unfortunately, the Swedish Postal Services really, really suck. They used to be one of the best in Europe, but this is the SECOND time in a few months this has happened to me. Last time they lost a base I had ordered for my son. Took them two weeks to find it, damaged.