TIS image "mod"

daskal

I have found a very simple way to get rid of the "noise" that can be seen in the TIS view of the tanks and PC's. Although I'm not sure whter it should be used or not (could this be considered as cheating?) - here are two pics to compare how it looks like right now - and how it looked before.

Here is how it looks like with the mod:

tisupdateal2.th.jpg

Here is how it looked like before:

tisoriginalnt3.th.jpg

I have a good idea what you did to get that effect. I'll give it a try myself and let you know what I think. I suspect the main effect will be to extend the effective range of the TIS considerably. You'll be able to identify details on vehicles at somewhat longer ranges.

You can see a similar effect when testing a scenario in the mission editor. When you're in external view, you can toggle the thermal imaging using the normal commands. The view is very clean compared to what you see through the sights.

Larry

the "grain" in TIS view isn't so bad in SB so i don't like the pixelized aspect!

here is some picture taken from SABCA TIS used in Leo1a5Be

the image quality isn't good as i'd like cause there is a big lense betwen APN and TC monitor

an A109 in day light sight

hpim1031uv5.th.jpg

same A109 at same distance bad quality due to APN so in real we can easily recognize an A109

hpim1045we6.th.jpg

some tanks pictures

hpim1046hb4.th.jpg

hpim1055vl5.th.jpg

hpim1057or4.th.jpg

we can see more details in real than in SB TIS view

• Members
I'm not going to release this - in fact I didn't really wanted to - so maybe it would be better if this thread would be just deleted - maybe Sean you could remove this thread entirely.

This thread is not going to be deleted, but we'll take it as a welcome alert to think about ways to prevent manipulations of the TIS image in the future.

Well to be honest, You'll never get a squeaky clean TIS image anyway,

There will always be "noise" present on the display.

All those semiconducters usually use FETs, this equals noise.

Same with digicameras in the dark.

All technology can do is reduce it, it will most likely never eliminate it.

Therefore I say, no to this Mod.

my two pence

...Tho would be cool to see better quality TIS -image for newer vehicles (with newer TIS -equipment) and the old one is good for -80's equipment like 2A4s and M1A1s... This when eSim has finished the other stuff on the list ;). But seriously it would be nice to have different quality TIS equipment and of course the crappier II and IR for some vehicles like the soviet tank I am not going to mention by name!

Zip