TSe419E

It’s still broke (M1025 Gunnery Range) [INVALID]

Got my 4.1 USB today and installed everything.  I then did some tank range practice and found that we are still locked into the commander’s position on the M1025 and can not access the gunner’s position to fire the .50 cal.

Perhaps you need to apply the patch, which AIUI isn't on the USB stick but is still coming out on the 29th?

Main download / USB stick = 4.156.

Patch brings it to 4.157

I don't think that we're addressing that specific issue in the 4.157 patch.

7 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Okay, so it's registered as bug #7743.

That's the end of your "time off" then. :)

Posted (edited)

One quick question: was v.4.156 installed after complete de-installation of v.4.0,  or it was installed over 4.0?

Edited by Jartsev

1 hour ago, TSe419E said:

Uninstall, then installed.

This is very strange- there is no M1025 gunnery range scenario in v.4.156... Or at least shouldn't be, if installation is 'clean':

SS_10_10_16.jpg

There isn't one in 4.023 either, but it does have a M1025 Instant Action scenario, maybe he meant that?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

There isn't one in 4.023 either, but it does have a M1025 Instant Action scenario, maybe he meant that?

Same problem- M1025 instant action  scenario is missing in the clean installation  of the v.4.156

SS_17_44_18.jpg

Edited by Jartsev

Maybe it is left over from a previous install where I didn’t delete/uninstall before installing.

However, I did do a windows 10 uninstall before I installed this new version.  Might it be something left over in the esim documents file?

The built-in scenarios (at least for 4.0) are in the ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\scenarios\z_Reseved folder

...so, we won't fix it since it's not an officially supported scenario to begin with. Sorry.

Understood.  

I looked in the given file location and compared it to the install on my laptop.  I had three extra scenarios on my desktop in the range folder.

Would it be possible to get the password to that particular file so that I might edit it myself?

I don't think I would even know the password. Are you sure it once was an official scenario from eSIm Games?

Yes.  It was in one of the 3.0 versions and it was located in the program data which I never fooled with.

Thank you.  If you put it way down on your to do list, like last, I will be happy.

Well, to be clear...

The M1025 gunnery scenario existed at one time, yes, but it was removed and so it is no longer supported (for various reasons).  Why it is still present is likely because older versions of SB were not uninstalled (which is perfectly OK! - as long as new versions are installed to new folders).

So, to fix the issue then you will have to remove the file yourself. 

For Windows 7 the path for me (you can paste in the windows explorer bar) is...

C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\scenarios\z_Reseved\Range

C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\scenarios\z_Reseved\InstAct

In that folder, you should delete the M1025.sce (and any other scenario that doesn't match up with the list Jartsev posted in comment above.

Hope that helps...

For removal, yes.

But somtimes I just feel the need to let rip with a pintal mounted .50 cal.

Guess I will have to make my own.