4.157 - nice things

Gibsonm

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First impressions:

Installed 4.1 without a problem, then I played a scenario in which the enemy surprised me with a smoke screen. What a smokescreen!!! The new smoke and how the incoming rounds are modelled is simple beautiful and brilliant.

Very well done Esim team!🎄😁

My two cents, got everything to load and up and running with no problem. Now got to get Team Speak back up and running to get back to playing SB. Need to jump into a group to get me back up to speed on playing SB :D

To eSims, great job. Great to be back to SB.

Probably going to wear out some torsion bars on the new terrain but I it's awesome, it seems now that using hull defilade and hull down positions actually provide some cover which adds immensely to the sim. Well done. 

ESIM!!! You are really nice people..So nice that you sent me 2 packages...I will make you a deal..If you can help me with the license installation I will return the extra equipment..(not really i will put the extra in the mail tomorrow)......

Edited by delta6

Apart from terrain, smoke and fragmentation, all the Dutch stuff!

Awesome update. Well done!

Very happy.

Runs fine on my rig, but that's a beefy one (Intel I9-990K 3600Mhz, 32 GB DDR4, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard, Intel M2 760p SSD)

One thing I noticed in my first run through with APS is that they do impact APFSDS, but only reduce the energy or penetration.  Had a BMP-3 fire off an APS round at a sabot and hit it, but the remnants still killed the BMP-3.  Happened three times.   Even TOWs went on to hit T-80s, but with almost no energy.  That is cool.

The new Bundeswehr 1980 theme gives us not only moleskin uniforms, but  also H&K G3 Assault rifles. 
Feels like the good old times. If the Luchs crews got to wear a black beret instead of a steel helmet I’m completely happy ...

jens 

Further impressions:

• maybe it's fantasy, but the scene lighting looks much better
    • more immersive,
    • especially with a large screen
  • greatly improved bouncing roadwheels together with the new terrain engine make vehicles in motion optically heavy
  • main gun firing picks up a lot of dust, looks great
  • path finding is much better now, the player or the AI can overtake now other vehicles without traffic chaos or slowing down
  • incoming artillery graphics effects are spectacular
  • SB is a lot quicker than in previous versions.
  • with 4K (3840x2160) resolution in a medium size scenario I get about a nice 40-60 fps
    • System: Win 10 Pro / 64bit,

• Ram: 32 GB

• CPU i7-5960X 3 GHz

• GPU NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti

• improved framerates lead to a much easier and fluent targeting of the enemy

• 4.1 - the dot one extension is the understatement of the year!😄

The lighting is amazing, after getting killed by a rocket, I decided to look at the events... Maybe now, we can get a helicopter sim as well, using the same engine, on the same executable with an Integrated Battle Spac...ermm System! Especially because of how great the trees + terrain looks now. Would be awesome having a large map, with a "dynamic" campaign-esque where both sides fight each other in multiplayer. Kinda like, some of the servers you find in DCS.

Edited by drcancerman

I've been away for a while (and haven't read the release notes yet), so I'm not exactly sure which improvements are from this update or a previous one. But I'd just like to say that, even with low graphics settings on my cruddy laptop, the sim looks more awesome than ever. I can't wait to see what it'll look like when I have the chance to install it on a faster machine.

Thanks eSim, beta testers and everyone involved in continually making this sim better the best!

Just finished installing without any problems, ran the first Sinai campaign scenario to see how it looks&runs- very impressed by the new effects and lighting, trees, foliage and graphics in general are much improved! Very nice. Performance is not great, but neither is my PC ( i7 920@2.67GHz / GTX690{4GB VRAM} / 12GB RAM ).

Thanks to everyone at esim for the outstanding work!

Edited by Bond_Villian
**cough**now for a crewable chieftain**cough**