4.157 - nice things

Gibsonm

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

Just finished installing without any problems, ran the first Sinai campaign scenario to see how it looks&runs- very impressed by the new effects and lighting, trees, foliage and graphics in general are much improved! Very nice. Performance is not great, but neither is my PC ( i7 920@2.67GHz / GTX690{4GB VRAM} / 12GB RAM ).

Thanks to everyone at esim for the outstanding work!

Oh, hey!! We have the same CPU gen! Mine is an i7 960 3.2GHz.

-Infantry, now crawl less and shoot more.

-Snipers, they are deadly now, one shoot, one kill

-Transparency for ground cover in thermal sights, is interesting how that small change can improve playability a lot.

-On the AAR the option to look for events only in the area of the map you are looking, very useful for big MP missions.

Nice job. Like what I see.

I noticed a little thing that appeared in my sight when I shot at vehicles. I thought it was a piece of the vehicle I hit flying off, but I think its the part that the projectile is wrapped around that discards when the round leaves the gun. I don't recall seeing that before. I have everything cranked to max and it runs smooth. I have a decent system and I'm a casual player so I can't be the final word on performance

• Members
16 minutes ago, db_zero said:

I noticed a little thing that appeared in my sight when I shot at vehicles. I thought it was a piece of the vehicle I hit flying off, but I think its the part that the projectile is wrapped around that discards when the round leaves the gun.

A sabot petal, yes. :)

I'm liking the PzH 2000, and the M1711A1/A2 Assegai ammo.  The ability to restrict ammunition for off-map artillery is great for people that use off-map artillery.  The optional altitude restriction for helicopters is good, as is the boosted willingness of infantry to fire their anti-tank weapons.  The tracers look nice too.  Excited to have MLRS, but it's a little tiny bit bittersweet because DPICM kills are still a little wonky in how they're handled in the mission report+AAR.  The JIM-LR is great too, and I bet it'll be even better once I figure out how to switch it to thermal.  Still testing things and will report back with more of the nice.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Breakthrough7 said:

The JIM-LR is great too, and I bet it'll be even better once I figure out how to switch it to thermal.  Still testing things and will report back with more of the nice.

SHIFT + NUMPAD*     [TIS alt. view]

One of those wiki pages we need to type up.... (JIM-LR).  😑

I don't know if it is new to 4.1, but I noticed while creating missions that you can edit the infantry to dismount and automatically coordinate movement and suppression with their APC.

Is this something new?

Cheers,

JC

Edited by El_Chacho
ESOL

• Members
6 hours ago, El_Chacho said:

I don't know if it is new to 4.1, but I noticed while creating missions that you can edit the infantry to dismount and automatically coordinate movement and suppression with their APC.

Is this something new?

Sorta-kinda. We had this once, we broke it a long while ago, we now rebuilt that function from scratch with an entirely different approach. Hopefully it'll be more robust against code changes.

10 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Sorta-kinda. We had this once, we broke it a long while ago, we now rebuilt that function from scratch with an entirely different approach. Hopefully it'll be more robust against code changes.

Thanks for your response. It works like a charm right now. The dismounted infantry even does suppressive fire if that tactic is pre-programmed for the vehicle. I will make a video to demonstrate this in the editor.

Cheers,

I'm enjoying the new sounds(maybe it is new? I don't remember, haven't played SB for a while) for the tank guns. The closets tank sounds way more powerful than the one that is further from you. I love it! I especially like the attention to detail in regards to sound delay. 

7 hours ago, El_Chacho said:

Thanks for your response. It works like a charm right now. The dismounted infantry even does suppressive fire if that tactic is pre-programmed for the vehicle. I will make a video to demonstrate this in the editor.

Looking forward to that video El_Chacho! Having a blast with 4.157 but that working/enhanced feature is one of my top wanted ones ^_^

On 7/30/2019 at 11:14 AM, thewood said:

One thing I noticed in my first run through with APS is that they do impact APFSDS, but only reduce the energy or penetration.  Had a BMP-3 fire off an APS round at a sabot and hit it, but the remnants still killed the BMP-3.  Happened three times.   Even TOWs went on to hit T-80s, but with almost no energy.  That is cool.

I came across this video on youtube. Appear to be very effective

9 hours ago, El_Chacho said:

Cheers,

I would really appreciate that!