Jump to content
Gibsonm

4.157 - nice things

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

Just finished installing without any problems, ran the first Sinai campaign scenario to see how it looks&runs- very impressed by the new effects and lighting, trees, foliage and graphics in general are much improved! Very nice. Performance is not great, but neither is my PC ( i7 920@2.67GHz / GTX690{4GB VRAM} / 12GB RAM ).

Thanks to everyone at esim for the outstanding work!

Oh, hey!! We have the same CPU gen! Mine is an i7 960 3.2GHz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Infantry, now crawl less and shoot more.

-Snipers, they are deadly now, one shoot, one kill

-Transparency for ground cover in thermal sights, is interesting how that small change can improve playability a lot.

-On the AAR the option to look for events only in the area of the map you are looking, very useful for big MP missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job. Like what I see.

 

I noticed a little thing that appeared in my sight when I shot at vehicles. I thought it was a piece of the vehicle I hit flying off, but I think its the part that the projectile is wrapped around that discards when the round leaves the gun. I don't recall seeing that before. I have everything cranked to max and it runs smooth. I have a decent system and I'm a casual player so I can't be the final word on performance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, db_zero said:

I noticed a little thing that appeared in my sight when I shot at vehicles. I thought it was a piece of the vehicle I hit flying off, but I think its the part that the projectile is wrapped around that discards when the round leaves the gun.

A sabot petal, yes. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You can do pretty cool stuff now with overpasses and shit, I like it :)

 

/KT

sbprope64cm_2019-08-01_09-24-58.png

sbprope64cm_2019-08-01_09-23-57.png

Edited by Kingtiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingtiger said:

You can do pretty cool stuff now with overpasses and shit, I like it :)

  

Very cool, indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graphically top line, feels better too. Not too keen on getting bogged down mind ya especially near bridges, but realistic all the same. A new lease of life all round, loving it  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm liking the PzH 2000, and the M1711A1/A2 Assegai ammo.  The ability to restrict ammunition for off-map artillery is great for people that use off-map artillery.  The optional altitude restriction for helicopters is good, as is the boosted willingness of infantry to fire their anti-tank weapons.  The tracers look nice too.  Excited to have MLRS, but it's a little tiny bit bittersweet because DPICM kills are still a little wonky in how they're handled in the mission report+AAR.  The JIM-LR is great too, and I bet it'll be even better once I figure out how to switch it to thermal.  Still testing things and will report back with more of the nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen some of the work on the maps??? I am amazed..The team did a beautiful job..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Breakthrough7 said:

The JIM-LR is great too, and I bet it'll be even better once I figure out how to switch it to thermal.  Still testing things and will report back with more of the nice.

SHIFT + NUMPAD*     [TIS alt. view]

 

One of those wiki pages we need to type up.... (JIM-LR).  😑

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Volcano said:

One of those wiki pages we need to type up.... (JIM-LR).  😑

 

Your requirement to sleep once per day is becoming a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Volcano said:

SHIFT + NUMPAD*     [TIS alt. view]

 

One of those wiki pages we need to type up.... (JIM-LR).  😑

 

Perfect, Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the keys to zoom the JIM-LR? Or am I being dumb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ben said:

What’s the keys to zoom the JIM-LR? Or am I being dumb

With default controls profile - 'N' to zoom in and 'Shift+N' to zoom out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

With default controls profile - 'N' to zoom in and 'Shift+N' to zoom out

Thanks, That’s what I think I tried.. I will test again, maybe finger trouble! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't know if it is new to 4.1, but I noticed while creating missions that you can edit the infantry to dismount and automatically coordinate movement and suppression with their APC.

Is this something new?

 

Cheers,

 

JC

 

Edited by El_Chacho
ESOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coax seems to be more effective and the poping contro-thrusters of the Dragon atgm is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, El_Chacho said:

I don't know if it is new to 4.1, but I noticed while creating missions that you can edit the infantry to dismount and automatically coordinate movement and suppression with their APC.

Is this something new?

Sorta-kinda. We had this once, we broke it a long while ago, we now rebuilt that function from scratch with an entirely different approach. Hopefully it'll be more robust against code changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Sorta-kinda. We had this once, we broke it a long while ago, we now rebuilt that function from scratch with an entirely different approach. Hopefully it'll be more robust against code changes.

Thanks for your response. It works like a charm right now. The dismounted infantry even does suppressive fire if that tactic is pre-programmed for the vehicle. I will make a video to demonstrate this in the editor.

 

Cheers,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm enjoying the new sounds(maybe it is new? I don't remember, haven't played SB for a while) for the tank guns. The closets tank sounds way more powerful than the one that is further from you. I love it! I especially like the attention to detail in regards to sound delay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1) ‘Map’ > ‘Use theme colors’ in the Mission Editor adds some spice to the map view!

 

2) Smoke trail from Javelin missile.

 

3) Tracer

 

4) Dust and smoke

 

5) Lighting

 

6) Ground colour palette

Edited by Panzer_Leader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, El_Chacho said:

Thanks for your response. It works like a charm right now. The dismounted infantry even does suppressive fire if that tactic is pre-programmed for the vehicle. I will make a video to demonstrate this in the editor.

 

Looking forward to that video El_Chacho! Having a blast with 4.157 but that working/enhanced feature is one of my top wanted ones ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 11:14 AM, thewood said:

One thing I noticed in my first run through with APS is that they do impact APFSDS, but only reduce the energy or penetration.  Had a BMP-3 fire off an APS round at a sabot and hit it, but the remnants still killed the BMP-3.  Happened three times.   Even TOWs went on to hit T-80s, but with almost no energy.  That is cool.

 

 I came across this video on youtube. Appear to be very effective

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, El_Chacho said:

Thanks for your response. It works like a charm right now. The dismounted infantry even does suppressive fire if that tactic is pre-programmed for the vehicle. I will make a video to demonstrate this in the editor.

 

Cheers,

 

 

I would really appreciate that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...