4.157 - Legacy Map Conversion

Gibsonm

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Volcano & Ssnake... thanks for the assist.  As I said, I haven't had a lot of time to browse the forum.  I expect this weekend will be mostly just that along with figuring out which scenarios are working and which need map package updates.  What I have been able to poke around in looks spectacular.  Thanks again!

On 7/29/2019 at 10:19 AM, Japo32 said:

I have a problem with the system. I installed the maps in a D drive as I didn't have any space in the Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\My Scenarios C folder.

There I have my old sceneries, and when I try to load them they say that I have to convert the maps.

So I go to the editor and click load in the blanc one, but as I have the maps in the D drive, then I cannot load any old SCE file. Even I copy them into where the maps are. There is no option to choose from another location the sce files.

Even I installed the 4-0_Benchmark_for_4-1.sce in the Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\My Scenarios folder and when I enter the single user area it says this:

25ec6979953d48f0294f0e14de173ce9.png
https://gyazo.com/25ec6979953d48f0294f0e14de173ce9

and the query or download buttons don't find the map. 

I have the same issue with this Scenario!

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, db_zero said:

There is a youtube video just posted called "Steel Beasts Pro PE - Quick Tips: Converting Maps from 4.0 to 4.1" that I found very useful, especially as I'm someone who doesn't RTFM like I should...

I'm glad to hear that you got some use out of it! 😊

23 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

That's why I included it in this thread. Then again, if you don't read the manual, why read that, or any other thread. ;)

I plead guilty as charged...Back in the day I grew up where computers and the internet never existed in the general world let alone home. Was far more patient and did thing like read books and instructions. Now I'm in front of computer screens at work and come home and spend time in front of computer screens a smart TV and PDA which tethers me to work 24x7 as well as other things like the crypto markets 24x7. Its definitely changed me...not so sure for the better.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps it's just me who do not understand this.

I made a clean install of the new SB, and maps are not working and we are all to make conversions of the maps.

I have downloaded missions from this site and I understand that these missions are made for earlier versions, But could these maps not have been updated to the new version so it would just run smoothly. 

I basically only use PC for this game so asking me to select the right hight/ter file and find it becomes a bit much.

Anyone have the converted maps for a Noob like me.

I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Just

1 hour ago, JUST said:

I have downloaded missions from this site and I understand that these missions are made for earlier versions, But could these maps not have been updated to the new version so it would just run smoothly.

It would be the responsibility of the author of the scenario in question to update it i suppose, or you might be able to do it yourself.

These threads have instructions on how to do it;

Edited by Bond_Villian

• Members
7 hours ago, JUST said:

Perhaps it's just me who do not understand this.

I made a clean install of the new SB, and maps are not working and we are all to make conversions of the maps.

We provided the Map Package Installer with conversions of all the maps that were shipped with previous Steel Beasts installations. All scenarios that are based on these standard maps will work out of the box. Where scenarios use custom maps, well, there isn't really anything that eSim Games can do. Either you convert them yourself, or you wait until the original authors themselves provide an update.

The vast majority of scenarios - especially those that you find in "Scenarios" (not "My Scenarios") will work without any conversion activity on your end, provided that the map packages are installed in the same location as shown in the Steel Beasts Main Menu ... Options ... File Paths