Infantry friendly fire inside fireteam

Kingtiger

Not sure if its 4.1 or I just noticed it when you start seeing red puffs of blood when it happens, but AI do friendly fire and kill team mates when changing direction.

To replicate put a MG team on map, give them one direction and then give them suppress command on a 90 degrees of (or so), MG will start opening up and the team will try to adjust new direction and therefore crawls into their own fire.

I'm totally fine with infantry friendly fire a different team ahead of them, its upp to the player to deconflict so no squad/team moves infront of other etc, but have it happening INSIDE own team I would say is a bug. I just got 66% of my MG team killed by own teams MG... (Lucky thing the MG gunner is BEHIND the barrel or that would be 100%!).

/KT

FriendlyFire.jpg

• Moderators

Yes, thanks for reporting.

Its a general AI issue, which (in the past) also causes occasional fratricide with vehicles.   For vehicles it seems believable because sight can be clear LOS while gun is obstructed by a close target, which is a real world issue, but with infantry obviously it is not so believable. But its certainly something we have all been generally aware of and isn't new, but of course we are guilty from time to time to be aware of general issues without having a formal bug report about it.  😑

Generally speaking, its an AI issue that will have to improve it over time.