Embedded Maps?

Apocalypse 31

Are Delta maps embedded into a sce or do they need to be distributed with scenarios?

Situation:

I would like to make a minor change to a current Delta map - no change to height map - but some minor adjustments to objects or roads.

Do I need to redistribute the entire package or does the delta map come with the scenario?

They need to be distributed.

I should add that if the map is on the FTP, then the map downloader will download the map for the user if SB notices that the required map is not there. However if it isn't on the FTP then it will need to be distributed and installed manually, which isn't that difficult.

Edited by TankHunter

• Members

What TH wrote. While most Delta maps will be small, they CAN be the size of a full blown base map if only enough changes to the height profile are made. We therefore decided to go with an approach that treats all maps the same from a user interface perspective, and that there is but a single procedure how you distribute your scenarios and maps..

• Members
28 minutes ago, Kingtiger said:

So when I hit "publish" I upload my delta map to a esimgames FTP site, and when people joins in on multiplayer and download my scenario the game will recognize that they miss the delta map and download it from that FTP site? right? 

No. First of all "Publish" in our context here means to change the map to "read only" state, nothing more.

Second, we do not yet have decided on a proper procedure and server location for community-uploaded map packages. We will, eventually, but we haven't yet.

So, at this point the distribution of map packages would still have to be done (almost) the traditionsl way: Zip the file folder, upload it to a web server of your choice, post the download link in a forum or any other way suitable for your network session participants.