4.1: Stock scenario with new stuff and terrain

All the terrain is now 'new terrain', although i dont think theres any maps that are actually taking full advantage of the high resolution terrain capabilities as yet (they now show 'bumpiness' visually, with new tree and foliage types, improved graphics etc, but underlying height data is much the same 'resolution') . Not sure about new scenarios/units. I just took a look at the first 'Sinai campaign' scenario, and its very pretty :)

Welcome back!

On 7/29/2019 at 8:33 PM, Ssnake said:

There's the "Sennelager v9" map (compare with the DTED-2 based "Paderborn" map, if you like), "Pahkajärvi", "Niisalo" and possibly one or two other Finnish maps ("Rovajärvi", I think). They are based on LIDAR scan data. I should point out however that our task was to create an engine that is capable of handling such data. Others were kind enough to give us permission to include these examples, but we cannot replace all legacy maps with new LIDAR scans.

From another thread in the General Forum.

But - it would be nice with a scenario build on one of those maps with some of the new units etc. Maybe some T-14:s sneaking over the border? ;)

Started to create a Finnish Summer War 2020 scenario based on the "Rovajärvi" map with T-14's crossing the border and Finnish Leo2A6 tanks trying to fend it off :)

Bought the game two days ago so started the editor for the first time now and just added one tank platoon on each side where the pesky russians move along the road in column / file formation to try to get to the other side of the map with an "engage" order. Waited nervously for the T-14s to arrive but only one came. He took out two of my Leo's before I nailed him with the last after taking a hit. But where did the other two go?

Drove down the road and found one in the lake at least - don't drink and drive! Don't know if the last one fled back to Russia or ended up even further out in the lake :)

Will post it when I get it to run at least semi-decently...

spacer.png

So - here we go...

Bought the game 2 days ago, had never started the scenario editor until 3 hours ago - and I have done food for the kids in that window ;) 

This scenario at least fulfills:

1 - It uses a new map

2 - It uses new units (Armatas!).

Not much more :)

Edit - without the Wiki this would naturally never have been possible. And the fact that the editor seems really nice and powerful!

And - for rookies like me, copy this file to:

C:\Users\<your-user-name>\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\My Scenarios

This is the default folder on Windows 10.

Finish Summer war 2020.sce

Edited by mazex