M153 Protector request - Change Barrel

Kingtiger

Hi, having a blast with the VS01 (Swedish designation for Nordic Protector) but I am right now missing a thing, When you change barrel on the weapon you need to change barrel in the system manually. that function is disabled right now in the game, is there a way it can be implemented? I am aware that there are no No2 barrel, no offset calculations for different  barrels (djump angle) etc. All I want is to see barrel 1 be changed to 2 in the system. 

Because that is Number one error when I miss my targets in real life on the VS01, in the stress I forgot to change barrel in the system so I miss the target...

"other issues"
I noticed that in the M151 RWS you can shut down and restart the system. You can't do this in M153. If you start the mission with "start battle ready" not ticked in so you need to start up the RWS you cant start the RWS, its black. Bug ? 

Scratch that, seems I need to hold down the ON/OFF button a few seconds before booting up.

/KT

Edited by Kingtiger

Okay some errors in the M153 startup process:

1. That test screen I (or my friend) never seen before on startups. Might be different softwares for different countries or something, but our nordic protector has english language and I have never seen that screen.

2. In the startup screen the weapon listed is M240 (might be a nitpick) but the RWS handles like it has M2 loaded (some firing rates that are present cant be choosen when using M240).  (nitpick deluxe).

M240.png

startup screen.png

13 minutes ago, Kingtiger said:

2. In the startup screen the weapon listed is M240 (might be a nitpick) but the RWS handles like it has M2 loaded (some firing rates that are present cant be choosen when using M240).  (nitpick deluxe).

This one is #5864. 

• Members
3 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

I am right now missing a thing, When you change barrel on the weapon you need to change barrel in the system manually. that function is disabled right now in the game, is there a way it can be implemented?

I suppose it could, by throwing more programmer hours at it. But it's a function that wasn't requested by the customer, so we didn't implement it, so it's not a matter of simply enabling it even if we decided to open that feature to the Personal Edition (and to be honest, that's a bit too close to classroom functionality if I correctly interpreted my gut feeling).

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Jartsev said:

This one is #5864. 

Yes, its already a known issue.

1. That test screen I (or my friend) never seen before on startups. Might be different softwares for different countries or something, but our nordic protector has english language and I have never seen that screen.

The protectors were modeled for a specific military customer. As mentioned in another thread, there is a wide variety of software versions that exist, so they can differ a great deal. Any specific issues regarding it being different from what others have experienced are almost always going to be attributed to different software versions since they were modeled from provided documentation.