4,157 Hardware recomendation

Liudas32

I played it on a surface pro 4 as a test.  With all setting set to min, I was able to play most of e scenarios I loaded.  The benchmark had single digit FPS when looking through the gunsight into the woods.  It was in the low 20s on average in the city with smoke.

It has an i7-6650 @2.4GHz, 8 Gb RAM and intel GPU.  It is playable, but I suspect large scenarios will kill it.

Thanks for the quick answer

I have a 6-core 3.5GHz 8GB RAM and the small mission also stably loads only with minimal textures and still the game crashed after a few minutes playing  The only "mission" played without problems was  one BMP-1 against one AGL team at close range 😊 (I can say that a bug when an ordinary HE grenade could destroy an BMP is fixed) 

But in general i suspect that without a new video card at least 4GB vido RAM, the game is not playable

• Members

You may want to wait with your final verdict until after the next patch, scheduled for some time next week.

The video ram that you have is sufficient to have some shadow mapping enabled, the amount of RAM is sufficient to run even large scenarios if the dynamic cache size is reduced to its minimum value, and 3.5 GHz sound like an adequate processor speed as well. If the next update doesn't improve things for you, I would rather look into your case for further analysis than giving up on it.

Еhanks for the answer
I can confirm about the RAM . When I started it for the first time, only one part of the 8 GB RAM was working and I didn’t notice much difference after fixing the RAM problem . Yes, the game missions maps loaded faster, but in the game itself (I didn’t try any big scenarios), there were no significant changes noticed
That's why i think the matter is in the video card. Perhaps not only in the amount of video RAM but also in other aspects

Wait for the patch
And thanks again for fixing the AGL grenade bug 😉

• Members

While a GTX 750 Ti never was exactly top of the line I'm still a bit surprised that it doesn't perform well for you.

Steel Beasts should never crash. If it does, we're always highly interested in the CrashDump files; you'll find a link to their location in the "Troubleshooting" subdirectory of the Windows Start Menu / eSim Games / Steel Beasts program folder. Please zip them, then send them to me by email.

According to your advice, i reduced the dynamic cache to a minimum; the rest of the textures did by default reduced the detail of roads from 3 to 2 and a small mission on the Hanover map went normally 55-64 FPS (though with a decrease to 30 with artillery shelling) When the detail of roads was returned to 3 FPS immediately dropped to 25 -35
It was a new mission.
And the old 4.023 mission, so to say, of medium size, also came with a slightly smaller FPS on the Bekkibestan map, but the game crashed

Maybe this "Scenario has duplicate unit IDs" was the reason? Click to choose files

Well, as Ssnake  wrote  above, CrashDump files  would be very handy to determine cause  of the crashes. Try to run  SB in  debug mode('Start'>'eSim Games' 'Trobleshooting'>'Steel Beasts  Pro PE (debug)'),  and  once crash occurs, pick  Crash Dump file  and send  to us via email;  also it would be nice to have a scenario  file causing crash.