Is there a way to add a license option to have a friend play?

It "used to be obvious" to have a lot of single player missions included when we started this business 20 years ago... Nowadays people apparently work from a different expectation, which is probably a sad commentary about the direction that the simulation game market took.

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2019 at 12:44 AM, Ssnake said:
  1. We added the secondary license option as a way to facilitate "father-son" type gaming in a home LAN
  2. Consequently, we provide zero technical assistance if you want to share your license over the internet. Not only is this more complicated depending on individual conditions (such as routers, cable modems, dial-up network, ...), individual router settings (port forwarding, ...); there are also associated IT security risks for which we will never assume responsibility (and I can but advise others to think carefully about unintended consequences and potential liabilities). Furthermore, while I acknowledge that there may be legitimate cases like your best buddy living across town, the abuse potential clearly outweighs the potential for "legitimate good", so I tend to look at it as a nefarious exploit of our goodwill (which I will tolerate up to the point where a "particularly smart" idiot comes along, orders a hundred secondary licenses and sets up a virtual arcade hall, and that way ruins it for everybody - as we would immediately terminate the program at that point).

Hi,

Planning to buy a secondary licence for father/son/daughter games,

but unsure if I can install this home LAN (checking),

so might have to to share the license over the internet with my children

=> Question pls: how could this go wrong ? Where is the risk

Thx !

It can be done, but I won't promote it by writing up instructions and rendering tech support for router configurations, or setting up VPNs. This is not just a matter of product policy, but also of practicality given the size of our support staff, and limiting our liability. There's no way I'm going to fuck around with other people's networks and cyber security, and do that officially in the name of eSim Games only to be sued for virus infections that probably were there even before we gave advice.

2 hours ago, Koen said:

=> Question pls: how could this go wrong ? Where is the risk

Thx !

If you publish your private IP address it provides an potential point of entry for people to attack your computer.

Even worse if you publish a link to get to the machine directly.

Its a bit like people knowing that you keep the spare key to your front door under the 1st pot plant to the left of the door and then wondering why you are burgled.

Edited by Gibsonm