4.157 Click start the game will be crash,and low FPS

Miki765

I am try about 30+ different missions

In MissionEditer,When I edit all units and save,click "test" the game will loading.So loading finished,I click the "start" to start the game,it will be loading and get back to desktop:/

Now,the 4.157 only play the tankrange and campaign.:(

My Computer:I7 7800X , MSI X299 GAMING ACK M7,32GB DDR4,AMD RX5700XT,WIN10 X64 1903

PS:4.157 Run in RX5700XT  1920*1080 only 5-13FPS:(,Is there anything wrong with my settings?  

Crash is  something   what shouldn't happen, and whole situation looks creepy;  we definitely need to see  your CrashDump files. Try to run  SB in  debug mode('Start'>'eSim Games' 'Trobleshooting'>'Steel Beasts  Pro PE (debug)'),  and  once crash occurs, pick  CrashDump file  and send  to us via email;  also it would be nice to have a scenario  file causing crash(if crash happened  in your custom scenario).

• Members

Also, please check - if you can get "a" scenario to run in test mode at all - for duplicate unit IDs with the mission debugger tool ("IDs" tab; if it's red, there is a problem; if it's not red there might still be a problem if a certain unit would disembark. These cases should definitely be corrected)

See here.

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Also, please check - if you can get "a" scenario to run in test mode at all - for duplicate unit IDs with the mission debugger tool ("IDs" tab; if it's red, there is a problem; if it's not red there might still be a problem if a certain unit would disembark. These cases should definitely be corrected)

See here.

well, i click the mission debugger ,but I don't seem to see any problem.

1.jpg

2.jpg

5 hours ago, Jartsev said:

Crash is  something   what shouldn't happen, and whole situation looks creepy;  we definitely need to see  your CrashDump files. Try to run  SB in  debug mode('Start'>'eSim Games' 'Trobleshooting'>'Steel Beasts  Pro PE (debug)'),  and  once crash occurs, pick  CrashDump file  and send  to us via email;  also it would be nice to have a scenario  file causing crash(if crash happened  in your custom scenario).

this is all crushdump,thanks!

SBProPE64cm_exe.6640.dmp SBProPE64cm_exe.6152.dmp SBProPE64cm_exe.3624.dmp SBProPE64cm_exe.8612.dmp SBProPE64cm_exe.2188.dmp SBProPE64cm_exe.8688.dmp SBProPE64cm_exe.9612.dmp SBProPE64cm_exe.9784.dmp SBProPE64cm_exe.11012.dmp SBProPE64cm_exe.11800.dmp

@Ssnake Will it be because I installed 4.023 and 4.157 at the same time, and they conflict with each other?

Because I need 4.023 to convert custom maps and game maps。

If 4.157 and 4.023 cannot coexist,I will uninstall 4.157 first, install only 4.023, convert all custom maps, then uninstall 4.023 and install 4.157.Is this ok?

• Members

While we generally recommend to get rid of the previous versions, it is possible to keep the installed parallel, as long as you're disciplined in the way how you use each version to create missions and maps. Clearly, once you edit an old scenario with 4.1 you can no longer use it with 4.0, etc.; as long as that is understood and adhered to, no problems are to be expected.

• Members
11 hours ago, Ssnake said:

While we generally recommend to get rid of the previous versions, it is possible to keep the installed parallel, as long as you're disciplined in the way how you use each version to create missions and maps. Clearly, once you edit an old scenario with 4.1 you can no longer use it with 4.0, etc.; as long as that is understood and adhered to, no problems are to be expected.

I just tried again, uninstalled all previous versions, installed only 4.023, opened a task in the task editor, entered the game Click to start or automatically jumped out.:/

• 1 month later...

Running Steelbeasts 4.161 and there seems to be an issue with my AMD graphic card (7950). I have updated the graphics driver and everything works fine initially but then crashes after about an hour of gameplay (3rd time now). It looks like a video memory issue despite having a 3GB card. I also have 32GB of physical memory so there is plenty available. Will try again next weekend, I did not get the chance to generate a dmp file yet. Just wondering if anybody has the same problem. I was playing a custom scenario based on ToyguyVT's FT Knox tutorials. I will also try different scenarios and see if I get the same result. 

Problem solved Virtual memory set incorrectly on external drive. All good now.

Edited by Funduro
Update on graphics issue