Right/Left Turn broken [FIXED]

Splash

Default key bindings. Vehicles don't respond to Right turn (Shift+D) and Left turn (Shift+A). The orders are confirmed with a message in the lower left text bar, but the vehicle does not respond. It should make a 22.5-degree turn per key press in the direction ordered.

Steer left/right (A/D) work fine.

• Members

This is how Steel Beasts started, a full 22.5° turn on pressing A or D.

Then someone wanted a fancy "gradual steer", so we added Shift+A/D for that.

Then someone wanted that gradual steer to be the norm, and foolishly we gave in to that. Rather, we should have doubled down and added a .2 ... .7 seconds random delay between command and execution, and an "approximately 20° turn" because you're talking to the driver and the driver has a reaction delay.

So, that's where we are now. People don't even remember that "it's a thing" and want to axe it. Sigh.

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

So, that's where we are now. People don't even remember that "it's a thing" and want to axe it. Sigh.

Poor Ssnake,

here they come, the wisdoms of life.

1. In the evening it‘s getting darker and darker.

2. In the morning it‘s getting brighter and brighter.

3. The evil 👿 and insatiable SteelBeasts user always want‘s more and more.🤣🤣🤣.

Have a nice weekend!

I guess I use it in the intended fashion. My voice software sends a Shift-A keypress when I order my AI driver to turn left. I hadn't noticed it not working before 4.1. 
Anyway, I'd hate to see it axed, but suppose I could adapt by scripting a 'hold' keypress or something of the sort. 

• 2 weeks later...