Question for eSim texture artists

Splash

Nice work all around, guys. A quick question (maybe for RogueSnake?) 

I'm looking at updating my skin uploads to conform to 4.1, and that would include the M113s. I see the fix to the headlight lens in the decal file (also mentioned in the readme), but I was wondering about the function of the new texture I've outlined in red below. It doesn't seem to show up on any of the 113 models ingame.

M113_decals.jpg

No. I'll leave that to eSim. 😏  I might do an Auscam version, though. If that camo would be appropriate? 

I suppose if anyone fancies running without the vented panels on the generator mount, they could continue to use the decal files I supplied in my original mods. (The modded decals were necessary to take Danish markings off U.S., German and Australian vehicles).

But I'll upload new ones to include the new texture, anyway.

SS_21_08_09.jpg

SS_21_10_18.jpg

43 minutes ago, Splash said:

No. I'll leave that to eSim. 😏  I might do an Auscam version, though. If that camo would be appropriate?

Probably not.

They were retired pretty much as the M113AS4 came into service.

Really only in plain green - like you did for an earlier Rolling Thunder of ours,

or the black / green/ brown pattern, similar to this:

SS_05_16_13.thumb.jpg.883826df6a1814bf128b525879c92ec0.jpg

Edited by Gibsonm
added picture

Looks pretty good.

However .... (;))

• Any chance you can remove the tarp from the Trim Vane on the front?
  • The RC-292 sections (if that's what is hanging off the side) are about 1m long (so these are 2 or 3 joined together - and they don't have any mechanism to remain connected [no locks or whatever]) and would be stowed inside or on the roof (stowing them there will ensure that a vehicle whose whole reason for existence is communications, wont be able to in short order as breaking the strap will mean the whole mast will be either lost or bent severely).

An example:

s-l400.jpg.6afee4365d4920ce3227d6f0cb8c4304.jpg

For scale, the hammer is about the length of your forearm.

And of course the whole roof needs to be covered by the cam net - usually 3 laced together so that the vehicle and erected annex can be covered. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

Looks like you guys figured it out without me.

Anyway, about the poles attached to the sides.  This is based on images of US 577's in the field(would attach but they are on another computer, SO MEH!).  Including images showing the poles on the sides, with the antenna already raised.  So it is my guess, and the guess at the time, that they carried extra(or extra tent poles), and used those to erect the camo netting around the vehicle.  So that's what I did. 

The tarp on the trim vane is part of the random storage, so it should be... random.

Looking good Splash!