ok reinstalled maps

Wolfseven

1 minute ago, Wolfseven said:

I now have this in the data\esim games folder\ autobase maps is this a correct tree structure? it doesn't look right to me and could be the reason I cant open missions? 

Which missions are you trying to open? Some of the older scenarios may not have updated maps (Camp Hornfelt, for example,) and it will require some conversion on your part. 

14 minutes ago, Wolfseven said:

could we get a youtube tutorial? reading the tech, is not helping me understand how to get these missions working. I'm not a map maker, and all the scenarios I downloaded do not work.

I'll see what I can do. It'll be later this weekend. We had a mass shooting in El Paso today, so I'm a bit exhausted. 

39 minutes ago, Wolfseven said:

I now have this in the data\esim games folder\ autobase maps is this a correct tree structure? it doesn't look right to me and could be the reason I cant open missions? 

notcorrectplace.thumb.jpg.a22b98c9f402037492ee116e61f656f5.jpg

Very likely.

I have (Windows 10) this:

908861731_Maps1.thumb.jpg.e144cfe066981f4e4006da297191b1c3.jpg

and within "packages":

723718201_Maps2.thumb.jpg.7fce0b47fb06b2ae788db74784da8c80.jpg

You seem to be missing the "Maps" layer and within "Maps" the "packages" layer.

• Administrators

If that location agrees with what Options-> File Paths has for the map location then it should be ok in theory.  

Try running the included missions before trying to download old scenarios.  If the mission was not edited and set up for 4.1, it won't work without editing.  There is a tutorial here: