Jump to content
AKA_Clutter

Potential Bug - Mouse behavior in Certain Commander views

Recommended Posts

HI I noticed the following behavior 

 

M60A3 - Driver and gunner would with both X and Y inputs

F7 Commander position.

 F1 view  -  Horizontal and Vertical movement with joystick

 F2 view - No ability with Joystick or mouse

 F3 view - Joystick horizontal only, no vertical control.  Mouse could more the site in both directions.

 F4 view - Joystick horizontal only, no vertical control.  Mouse could more the site in both directions.

 

This was discussed in a post in the general forum as I thought the joystick should move the Y-axis in the F3 and F4 views like the mouse did.  Ssnake indicated that this may be a bug.  Let me know if you need more information, or move vehicles tested.

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, AKA_Clutter said:

HI I noticed the following behavior 

 

M60A3 - Driver and gunner would with both X and Y inputs

F7 Commander position.

 F1 view  -  Horizontal and Vertical movement with joystick

 F2 view - No ability with Joystick or mouse

 F3 view - Joystick horizontal only, no vertical control.  Mouse could more the site in both directions.

 F4 view - Joystick horizontal only, no vertical control.  Mouse could more the site in both directions.

 

This was discussed in a post in the general forum as I thought the joystick should move the Y-axis in the F3 and F4 views like the mouse did.  Ssnake indicated that this may be a bug.  Let me know if you need more information, or move vehicles tested.

 

Good luck.

This is indeed a bug, just have to check if there is already a report filed.

This is how its should be with the bug fixed:

F1 view  -  Horizontal and Vertical movement with joystick

 F2 view - No ability with Joystick or mouse => That is not directly a bug, you look into the gunners sight, you can only move its when you override the gunner

 F3 view - Joystick horizontal only, no vertical control./ mouse, horizontal only, no vertical control/ arrow-keys:vertical movement

 F4 view - Joystick horizontal only, no vertical control. / mouse, horizontal only,no vertical control/ arrow-keys:vertical movement

Edited by Grenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grenny said:

This is indeed a bug, just have to check if there is already a report filed.

 F3 view - Joystick horizontal only, no vertical control./ mouse, horizontal only, no vertical control/ arrow-keys:vertical movement

 F4 view - Joystick horizontal only, no vertical control. / mouse, horizontal only,no vertical control/ arrow-keys:vertical movement

A question of curiosity on this.  Obviously it was`  a design decision to allow vertical movement with the arrow keys, but not the joystick or mouse.  Why is that?  Is it to simulate some physical limitation/setup, like a separate wheel control for the vertical movement.  Again just curious?  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it represents a powered traverse (electric or hydraulic) operated by, usually, some sort of a joystick, but no such control over the elevation, which would probably solved by a hand crank. The keyboard keys represent the hand crank, mouse/joystick for the powered traverse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The F-3/4 sights are located in the cupola.  The cupola has a separate set of traverse and elevation controls than the turret.  The joystick controls the traverse of the turret which also moves the site picture of the cupola.  The joystick/turret controls are not connected to the cupola other than the fact that the cupola sits on top of the turret.  You can’t use the turret controls to change the elevation of the .50 cal. so the joystick doesn’t do it either.  The mouse can change elevation and traverse because that is how the cupola traverse and elevation controls are implimented (arrows as well).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Yes, it represents a powered traverse (electric or hydraulic) operated by, usually, some sort of a joystick, but no such control over the elevation, which would probably solved by a hand crank. The keyboard keys represent the hand crank, mouse/joystick for the powered traverse.

Just learned something that most probably know.  :-).  THAT is the kind of detail that makes Steel Beast a standout and a sim, not game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...