Advanced behavior in path orders

Chiquito

I have some question about how set an advanced behavior in combat for a new path route designed by me in live combat controlling the AI.

So what I want to do is:

give it a sneaky path while keeping shooting on enemy. I see they stop to shooting so I want to avoid that. How?

I want to use this same behavior in live combat for other groups. Can I copy paste the sneaky path route to other group/units to do the same or I need doing all from scratch again?

Share a video tutorial will be great too. Thanks in advance 

Edited by Chiquito

A 'scout' route will have fire control implicitly set to 'return fire only'. You can change that manually by right clicking the route etc, or alternatively by giving an engage route and then right clicking the route and changing it to scout. Its worth noting here that once a unit has been given a scout route, its fire control remains at RFO regardless of any subsequent route (engage/assault etc) unless you explicitly change its fire control setting back to fire at will.

You can create the route independantly and copy/ paste to multiple units as long as it only has one destination waypoint

Edited by Bond_Villian

• Members

"Return fire only" only controls the moment when "the gloves come off". Beyond that point the unit will behave like all other units in every other combat situation.

3 hours ago, Chiquito said:

So what I want to do is:

give it a sneaky path while keeping shooting on enemy.

Maybe I shouldn't point out the obvious but there is no such thing as being sneaky while shooting. Shooting is a LOUD activity that draws a lot of attention.

3 hours ago, Chiquito said:

I see they stop to shooting so I want to avoid that. How?

I don't think this is possible for a variety of reasons, limits in what you can script and how being one of them. The only workaround I can think of is so clumsy, I won't bother writing it down.

6 hours ago, Chiquito said:

I have some question about how set an advanced behavior in combat for a new path route designed by me in live combat controlling the AI.

So what I want to do is:

give it a sneaky path while keeping shooting on enemy. I see they stop to shooting so I want to avoid that. How?

I want to use this same behavior in live combat for other groups. Can I copy paste the sneaky path route to other group/units to do the same or I need doing all from scratch again?

Share a video tutorial will be great too. Thanks in advance 

You need to read the manual (pg.107 to pg.115). Hablas castellano?

5 hours ago, Ssnake said:

No.

If it was that easy, I would have written it down. 

Unless im misunderstanding the original poster's question (how to get units to 'scout' whilst firing at will on enemies encountered), then the way to achieve that result is just as i suggested- you change the fire control setting one way or another. I know this works as i do it often

12 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

Unless im misunderstanding the original poster's question (how to get units to 'scout' whilst firing at will on enemies encountered), then the way to achieve that result is just as i suggested- you change the fire control setting one way or another. I know this works as i do it often

I think the problem goes beyond that. I think there first needs to be an understanding of the standard behavior of each route type. That ofcourse if the Op meant scout route by "sneaky path". Perhaps an Engage or Assault routes, or even a Suppression tactics would be better advised.

7 hours ago, Chiquito said:

Crear una misma ruta con las mismas características para varias unidades sin tener que crearla una por una a cada unidad. Todo esto dando órdenes de ruta sobre el mapa en medio del combate.

On 7/4/2019 at 9:39 AM, Gibsonm said:

Once the mission starts you select the option from the menu:

Group1.thumb.png.5838525cd0edd95df91c8937fcdbb087.png

then pick the members of a given group, you can have 6:

Group2.thumb.png.1bd3b756d37dcf48327e35e67adb3b5f.png

then you'll get additional choices in the right click menu:

Group3.thumb.png.f9743fea9e331ee3c6b5117cbb0a7c6e.png

I find it useful if you are moving say an echelon and the designer hasn't created a dedicated Platoon.

You can group say a Supply Truck, ARV, AMB and Refueller as one composite group, issue one set of orders and they'll all react to it.

Once you have selected the group route, the individual unit routes will be plotted and you can then fine tune them to avoid any issues.

Asi se lo hace.