canned missions not working [RESOLVED]

Wolfseven

3 hours ago, Wolfseven said:

what about these folders? are they correct I don't think so.

Do not move 'Steel beasts' folder

Folders 'default', 'Default Map' and 'flat' are map packages and  you need to move them to the  'Packages'

If for some reason you are  unable to change  file path for the packages directory  in SB's  'Options'  and going to re-install SB, please make sure to  set  correct folder (C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\Packages)  to store maps during  installation:

4.png.6af93f6c27cb21e94e3cfdecccdeb900.png

• Members

Guys, I'm not touching this with a 10 foot pole. Whatever happened, I couldn't sort it out. My recommendation: Uninstall everything, clean up the folders. Then install the map packages from scratch. The version 4.159 full installer will also be released in a few hours (everybody else can use the update installer), so that should be installed afterwards, also the SB Map Tools version 19.

If the problem with old maps persists we'll also have the legacy map installer ready for you.

8 hours ago, Jartsev said:

Do not move 'Steel beasts' folder

Folders 'default', 'Default Map' and 'flat' are map packages and  you need to move them to the  'Packages'

If for some reason you are  unable to change  file path for the packages directory  in SB's  'Options'  and going to re-install SB, please make sure to  set  correct folder (C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\Packages)  to store maps during  installation:

4.png.6af93f6c27cb21e94e3cfdecccdeb900.png

That's the thing; everything is in its right folders, and just wont work. going to try it now.

14 minutes ago, Wolfseven said:

That's the thing; everything is in its right folders, and just wont work. going to try it now.

According to your post on the last page, the folder structure you showed isn't right.  I think a complete uninstall, including deleting all left behind folder is the best way to go.  I would back up custom scenarios and maps, if you can.  

I just plain think something got messed up.  Trying to sort it by moving folders around is only going to waste time.

I had absolutely no issue with it.  I am on Win 10 and the program and map files went to the right places with no intervention.  I installed on three laptops and all went into the right folders with no intervention and no issues.  You don't have to add that folder into the path on install.  If you are entering something, there is a good chance that is the problem.

21 minutes ago, thewood said:

I had absolutely no issue with it.  I am on Win 10 and the program and map files went to the right places with no intervention.  I installed on three laptops and all went into the right folders with no intervention and no issues.  You don't have to add that folder into the path on install.  If you are entering something, there is a good chance that is the problem.

I can tell you after 4 times I ts not making the packages folder I had to edit or make that folder to get it to work. Cant tell ya why, thats why its a machine..

12 hours ago, Wolfseven said:

ok now everything is working, some reason the installer their using isnt making the packages folder in the programdata folder, you have to add that part in it. or they make a new installer that makes that folder for us non-laymen.

That is precisely what started my problems!

But it seems to work for most people.

31 minutes ago, Wolfseven said:

yes and for some reason when you place all the files in correctly manually it wont work, neither re-setting the path.. 

True, that confused me too, had to manually create the 'package's folder in the 'maps' folder and then run the maps installer to update the system files.

Edited by ssidiver