Trying to understand the Control Logic

Rake

I've been trying to wrap my head around SB's logic.  I'm not unfamiliar with Boolean logic as I've used If, then/ and, or statements fairly often in Excel.  But something about SB confuses me, particularly using "OR" as the initial statement.  I've searched all over the site and downloaded Gary Owen's Embark Conditions scenario from a 2009 post - I haven't tried running it yet which may be fun after installing 4.1.  But, one file I've seen mentioned is JayMan's SB Logic Planner.  Evidently, it's an Excel spreadsheet but the link to it is dead.  Does anyone happen to have a copy?  Much appreciated if someone does, even if it happens to be outdated.

• Members

Note the brackets that are grouping the other AND/OR combinations.

We originally envisioned that people would usually only enter one or two conditionals (and then threw in four more for good measure, just in case, you know).

So the idea was that you would typically use only the first and second checkbox and that there should be a way to combine this with AND or OR without having to bother with all the brackets (because not everybody would be so attentive/dive that deep into the matter). And that's basically why this looks a bit asymmetrical. There is nothing more to it.

Here's how it works:

(Reference the image below.)

1. If you want one condition to be met to trigger an event, check the first box and set the conditions. Done.
  2. If you want two conditions and both have to be met, do step 1 and then check the second box and set the conditions for that.
  3. If you want two conditions and meeting either one of them will trigger the event, change the first "AND" to "OR" and do step 1 & 2.
  4. If you want three conditions and all have to be met, leave the first "AND", do step 1 & 2, then check the third box and set the conditions for that.
  5. If you want three conditions and any one being met will trigger the event, change the first "AND" to "OR", do step 1 & 2, then check box 4 (leaving box 3 unchecked) and set the conditions for that.
  6. If you want three conditions and either meeting the first two together or a third by itself will trigger the event, leave the first "AND", do step 1 & 2, then check box 4 (leaving box 3 unchecked) and set the conditions for that.
  7. If you want three conditions and meeting the first by itself or the other two together will trigger the event, change the first "AND" to "OR", do step 1 & 2, then check box 3 and set the conditions for that.
  8. Etc., etc. ...

I hope that made sense (and that I didn't make any mistakes ... it's been a while since I used this feature).

Logic.png

Ssnake/Lt.

Just saw the replies; much appreciated!  It will probably be the weekend again before I can jump back into SB.  Just trying to get a head start on the next feature I need to learn.

Thanks again