Removing decals

delta6

How do I remove the G2 from the M1A2 and the decals on the M-60A3?? What I have tried so far with paintnet 4...Transparent=black patches..Transparent  then fill with white or black paint= white or black patches..Replacing with red decals= black patches..HELP!!!

Edited by delta6
SPELLING

48 minutes ago, delta6 said:

How do I remove the G2 and the decals on the M-60A3?? What I have tried so far with paintnet 4...Transparent=black patches..Transparent  then fill with white or black paint= white or black patches..Replacing with red decals= black patches..HELP!!!

What G2? I just checked, the default skin (4.157) has no G2 decal on it.

I just noticed that the G2 was referring to the M1A2.

Open the file: M1A2abrams_decals.dds and, depending on the software that you're using to the edit it, you need to find a tab named Channels, usually binded together with Layers. There, you need to activate and edit the Alpha Channel.

On the other hand, the M60A3 doesn't seem to have any decals file associated with it.

m1a2_alpha1.jpg

Edited by stormrider_sp

4 hours ago, stormrider_sp said:

I just noticed that the G2 was referring to the M1A2.

Open the file: M1A2abrams_decals.dds and, depending on the software that you're using to the edit it, you need to find a tab named Channels, usually binded together with Layers. There, you need to activate and edit the Alpha Channel.

On the other hand, the M60A3 doesn't seem to have any decals file associated with it.

m1a2_alpha1.jpg

I tried it out and the alpha channels are the same as the opacity channel..I moved it to zero and saved in the documents/esim/mods/textures/woodland 1970...Black holes again..On the M-60A3 the decales show up on the turret as white diamonds..A decal was made that would cover the decal but I cannot find it in the forums....

Edited by delta6
SPELLING

• 10 months later...

Hello,
I did not want to open a new thread.

Could someone help me, please: Where is the Argentinian flag decal on the TAM-PC-family located? I would like to remove it to use the TAM's for what-if scenarios. I assume the decal should be somewhere in SB Pro PE\textures, but I don't know its name (using DXTBmp as a viewer).

Edited by Atomio