The ghost unit

RedWardancer

Testing out my grueling homebrew scenario.  On the Red computer controlled side, I have lots of units from companies A-L.  Something happened twice during testing that has be baffled.  From the eastern edge of the map, a unit that I DID NOT add to the scenario appeared out of nowhere and began doing it's own thing.  That unit is a TOW mounted Hummer, 7/15/P.  It traveled west to east along highway 1307 for about one minute...then...IT TELEPORTED ALL THE WAY CLOSE TO THE EASTERN SIDE OF THE MAP!!!!  Not long afterwhich, it would disappear and randomly reappear somewhere else on the map.  I clearly did not create this option nor the unit in question.  During planning phase, 7/15/P is nowhere to be found.  Yet, during the AAR playback, THERE IT IS!!!!

Creepy as hell.  

One of three things comes to mind.  #1, there is some sort of "game balance" option I turned on and didn't know.  #2, It's a glitch.  #3, my computer is possessed.  

Has anyone noticed this before?  Please look into this while I hire a priest to conduct an exorcism...

SS_17_21_34.jpg

Ukraine_vs_Russia,_NE_sector_(1)sce_20900_080719DESKTOP-J5321617.aar

It's hard to tell what's going on with that unit other then having and opening up the scenario to see what's going on with your control logic.  The AAR shows that a human player took control a few times.  Do you have spawn/ drain regions? Maybe a spawn if command is left over from development of a previous save.  Do you have auto save active?

CalAB asked, "Do you have spawn/ drain regions? Maybe a spawn if command is left over from development of a previous save."

Looking at the map.  Yep, there it is.  Checked spawn.  Thought I turned it off long time ago.  Now I know what's going on.  During the test, I clicked on that unit to watch what it was doing, but I didn't control it.  

Well, that priest is NOT going to be happy with me.  Heheh.