The merkava.

oscar19681

M60, one of the early modells without TIS and all that electronic crap! More old-school to SB! :)

Wow, you really are old school. The first M1 tankers were green with envy over the M-60A3 TTS's TIS. And you don't want any of that fine kit: steam gunnery all the way. Hard Core...:cool3:

I've learned not to 'worship' any military hardware as being 'invincible war winning machine' no matter what. The Merky was really an eye-opener.

It's always easier(cheaper) to destroy things than to build it no matter how you tried to protect it.

When the Israelis have dealt with their bitter disappointment I hope they learn their mistake not to be overly confident on their war machine instead put the the emphasis on training and never underestimate your opponents. Wise plan, quality training and quick thinking that win the day on a battlefield not just the hardware.

Just my 2 cents

that merkava has been welded shut, and stripped of all internal equipment.

additionally, its an experimental merkava tank.

Last summer the opening in the back was open and it was possible to get in. Two months later I was in the panzermuseum again and the closed it with a padlock(sp?).

What surprised me is that the instructions in the tank were partly in English / Hebrew and German (intercom system).

How you get fully packed infantry in the back I don't know. I'am 1.93 mtr and didn't have any infantry equipment on me but I had to crawl on my knees in and out. Sitting inside on the supposed infantry bench I had to bend my neck and back. Personally, it looked more an easy opening in the back to resupply the tank with ammo. The ''benches'' looked also more as ammo storage containers than seats for infantry.

Regards,

Lesley

_--__[]KITT;147253']I've learned not to 'worship' any military hardware as being 'invincible war winning machine' no matter what. The Merky was really an eye-opener.

It's always easier(cheaper) to destroy things than to build it no matter how you tried to protect it.

When the Israelis have dealt with their bitter disappointment I hope they learn their mistake not to be overly confident on their war machine instead put the the emphasis on training and never underestimate your opponents. Wise plan' date=' quality training and quick thinking that win the day on a battlefield not just the hardware.

Just my 2 cents[/quote']

You nailed it on the head KITT. Training, initiative and the will to fight win battles and wars, not the quality of equipment. Though when it comes to total war, it is how much equipment that you can pump out which is the deciding factor.

It could be applicable to any conflict. But as regards the Israeli Hezbullah war, well trained light infantry who have competent leadership, in good defensive positions should cause a fair amount of damage to enemy armor. Heck, just look at the Soviet Afghan war as another example.