Scrapper_511

Central Germany terrain

In summer time, Central Germany (area covered in stock Fulda maps, anyway), is there a concern for brush and forest fires? Just wondering if this is a reasonable way to keep certain areas of a map off-limits. Of course, the furthest I can go with this is to indicate the situation in the briefing and use graphics & annotations on the map. Just trying to be creative with how to keep users on the intended area of ops.

Also summer time, Central Germany...how much dust are vehicles expected to produce while rolling through the countryside? A la Google Earth, there's a lot of agricultural patchwork which I've tried to simulate on my maps, but when formations start rolling through them they are a dead giveaway because of the dust produced. Just want to make sure that's exactly how it'd be or if I need to adjust dust themes...

Posted (edited)

Dust at 30 or 40 is probably ample. Bear in mind that the new dust effects will obscure gunsights etc a lot more than they did before

Edited by Bond_Villian

5 hours ago, Scrapper_511 said:

In summer time, Central Germany (area covered in stock Fulda maps, anyway), is there a concern for brush and forest fires?

If there's a draught, yes.

Climate wise, you can justify either decision (=full freedom for you), you may want to supplement each decision with the necessary weather/starting conditions.

Also summer time, Central Germany...how much dust are vehicles expected to produce while rolling through the countryside? A la Google Earth, there's a lot of agricultural patchwork which I've tried to simulate on my maps, but when formations start rolling through them they are a dead giveaway because of the dust produced.

A dust level of 30...40 for open dry ground sounds reasonable; inside of forests it's probably closer to 15...25. You probably want to have dry and wet grass in your terrain theme where one is around 20 and the other maybe 5 at best, if at all. Wet grass area usually turns "difficult" if there's some thorough rain, depends a bit on the location (=not so likely on hill flanks, obviously).