4.159 Posted

Sean

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I did that.

That's what I'm saying it now (v19) works, in that it connects.

In fact I reinstalled everything in the sequence as per the download page (just in case something was changed).

1. Map Installer (9 parts + Executable)

2. Maps Downloader V19 (unistalled v18 first)

3. Legacy Maps Installer

4. Applied the 4.159 patch

I followed that sequence with 4.157 and it didn't work. But now it does.

I did notice though that post 4.157 / 4.159 I now have a "C:\Program Files\eSim Games\Steel Beasts Map Tools" as well as "C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts Map Tools"

Not sure why the double up?

Edited by Gibsonm

Just now, Grenny said:

Where is the link to 4.159 download? I only find the release notes there?

Keep scrolling down - its under the maps, and the 4.156 Installer.

I'm guessing its designed for a new person so they just start downloading from the top of the page.

Edited by Gibsonm

Although the new map downloader is named "SB Pro Maps Downloader v19", it was listed in my installed programs as (and I think I have this right) "Steel Beasts Map Tools v17". I was initially confused as to whether I should uninstall that program or the one titled "Steel Beasts Maps version 1.0". Ultimately, I uninstalled the former - which I believe was correct as I now have an installed program named "Steel Beasts Map Tools version 19.0". Either way, I'd just like to point out that the difference in naming conventions of the downloaded file and the resulting program may cause confusion among those of us who are less sharp or more inebriated - as the case may be. Thank you!

10 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

I have only heard of them ... in frightful whispers of huddled betatesters, and the mad screams and hollering of programmers during their fever dreams, locked up in their lightless cells.

...if've been there too.

I have seen....😩 I have seen things    😱

2 hours ago, Grenny said:

Please elaborate your problem...

I am one of the "not to bright ones" and all of my scenarios were built on height maps...And I do not know how to access them with the new system...

I have found the folder but I don't know how to use it..