4.159 Leopard 2A4/5 problems with KH/ZU/KW [FIXED]

Vikingo

Hola! 

Just installed 4.159 over 4.157 (Windows 10) and while using the Leopard 2A4/A5 TC position (editor, range, instant action, tutorials...) the cursor up (KH Mode) cursor down (ZU Mode), shift+* (KW Mode) are not working anymore. I have no joystick in use, clicked the default option to try to reset the controls / check control handle on-off / joystick input on-off and restarting the game and Win10 without luck. Also try to change the keyboard language from spanish to english. When I use shift+cursors to order the gunner to scan front/left/right that function works. Read at the release notes something about palm switch/peri ZU for Leo 2 bugs fixed but don't know if something was changed here. 

Thanks! B|

ps: as always sorry for my bugged english 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a related Leo2a5 / joystick control problem after 4.159 this morning ...for some reason the dynamic lead button ( button 4 on CH products joystick ) would not induce lead , it acted as if dumping lead like M1's.

So I check control assignments and found I had Dynamic Lead ( P ) and Leo Gunner Palm Switch assigned to joystick button 4 . I cleared the Leo Palm switch assignment and problem was solved , holding button 4 now induces lead on Leo2 as intended .

I will try TC's mode control later and report back .

7 hours ago, Vikingo said:

Hola! 

Just installed 4.159 over 4.157 (Windows 10) and while using the Leopard 2A4/A5 TC position (editor, range, instant action, tutorials...) the cursor up (KH Mode) cursor down (ZU Mode), shift+* (KW Mode) are not working anymore. I have no joystick in use, clicked the default option to try to reset the controls / check control handle on-off / joystick input on-off and restarting the game and Win10 without luck. Also try to change the keyboard language from spanish to english. When I use shift+cursors to order the gunner to scan front/left/right that function works. Read at the release notes something about palm switch/peri ZU for Leo 2 bugs fixed but don't know if something was changed here. 

Thanks! B|

ps: as always sorry for my bugged english 

same problem here...arrows and pov cease to work for leopard modes

edit...seems I now have to hold  button 5 to get it to work.

Edited by Raven434th

5 hours ago, Toastman said:

I had a related Leo2a5 / joystick control problem after 4.159 this morning ...for some reason the dynamic lead button ( button 4 on CH products joystick ) would not induce lead , it acted as if dumping lead like M1's.

So I check control assignments and found I had Dynamic Lead ( P ) and Leo Gunner Palm Switch assigned to joystick button 4 . I cleared the Leo Palm switch assignment and problem was solved , holding button 4 now induces lead on Leo2 as intended .

I will try TC's mode control later and report back .

Old default  'dynamic lead' button was not consistent with  palm switch,  so controls mapping was changed.  So this actually is not a bug,  but I  agree- this may be not very convenient.

• Members

There's always the option to press that button to restore default assignments. But typically this creates more work than fixing this one or two buttons, which is why I'm not recommending it. But the option is there. Very simple, very reliable - but potentially with a lot of side effects.

Something isn't right but I'll be damned if I know what it is...I have to hold the palm switch to maintain  any modes,and releasing it cancels any input.this is making the cancel button 3 redundant.Modes aren't "sticking' in there respective modes.Its working strangely.But to be honest I'm not sure what is correct anymore.

Edited by Raven434th

18 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

Something isn't right but I'll be damned if I know what it is...I have to hold the palm switch to maintain  any modes,and releasing it cancels any input.this is making the cancel button 3 redundant.Modes aren't "sticking' in there respective modes.Its working strangely.But to be honest I'm not sure what is correct anymore.

Check  controls setup,   looks like 'Control handle' option is enabled instead of 'Joystick'.

35 minutes ago, Vikingo said:

Thanks Jartsev. Yes it seems the problem is when not using a joystick. Maybe an option can be added for select the old system and just press the cursor keys/shift+* but maybe that is a coding hell :S

No,  your problem  with inability to  access KH/ZU/KW modes  is definitely a bug, and  users with joysticks are affected too

21 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

nope joystick...does the same thing in both joy and control

This is getting more and more interesting. Do you see this  with  mouse+ keyboard,  or with joystick? Also, do you see issue with  in-game some specific  vehicle, or with few/many?

I have no Joystick movement for commander when using sights (F2 or F3) 

F1 view I have the joystick movment, also gunner works normal with sights. Tested with leo's aswell as M1 , Marder and some more

Edited by Gottel

joystick...but its not clear to me just what is supposed to happen when pressing whatever buttons now.Where is the leopard 2 tutorial so I can get it straight? AlI know is I never had to press more than 1 button at a time to engage the different modes in the leopard previously.Now its 2.And the cancel button is redundant now.

found tutorial...duh...going through it now

Edited by Raven434th

4 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

joystick...but its not clear to me just what is supposed to happen when pressing whatever buttons now.Where is the leopard 2 tutorial so I can get it straight?

Well, tutorials will not help here, but  going through Controls list  actually can: Leo-2's current  defaults are  JoyButton 3 for the  Dynamic lead and JoyButton 5 for the Palm switch(GNR and TC).  Also  try to disconnect or disable  joystick, and check,  if  you can see same issue while using keyboard  and mouse.

15 minutes ago, Gottel said:

Mouse movement is working when commander and using F2 or F3, joystick isn't.

Joystick axis are working fine with F2 or F3 when gunner. 

Both is vehicle independand.

This actually is vehicle-dependent. In some vehicles you need to keep hold palm switch button to pan  sight  view,  while it is a bug in case of some others vehicles.

10 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

This actually is vehicle-dependent. In some vehicles you need to keep hold palm switch button to pan  sight  view,  while it is a bug in case of some others vehicles.

Just checked it, no moventment by Joystick as comander, equal if pressing "p".

On the other hand Peri view (independand) is not working via joystick, as F2 with or without palm.

But  unbuttoned view outside, or inside (F1) joystick axis are fine. Only in the sights the stick do not work.

Edited by Gottel