4.159 Leopard 2A4/5 problems with KH/ZU/KW [FIXED]

Vikingo

Just now, Raven434th said:

If I switch to control handles I have to press Palm switch to traverse turret in gunner position.I dunno if this is how its supposed to work or not.

-With  joystick option enabled pressing palm switch  prevents   traverse and elevation at GNR's  position; at TC's position this is vehicle-specific

-With  control handle option enabled  you need to hold palm switch hotkey or button pressed down to  enable traverse and elevation at gunner's position.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe my problem is different, 

I have no joystick movement in commander (F7) , when in F2 or F3 (sights) position,  equal if palm pressed or not an also equal if joystick or control handle selected.

In gunner position joystick works normal, in axis configuration all axis are fine.

46 minutes ago, Gottel said:

Just checked it, no moventment by Joystick as comander, equal if pressing "p".

On the other hand Peri view (independand) is not working via joystick, as F2 with or without palm.

First of all- 'P' hokey  is assigned by default is  to 'PERI cancel', e.g. it would not allow  movement by joystick  as TC. 

PERI movement is not possible by joystick,  if  joystick button or keyboard hotkey assigned to  'Palm switch'  function is not  held pressed;  by default  there is no  hotkey assigned to TC's  'palm switch'(so you need to do this yourself), but  joystick  button '5' have default  'palm switch' assignment.

Also, if joystick have  have  application or  tool  to assign custom  profiles  to axes and buttons,  it wouldn't  hurt to check  what is going on there- may be there is some conflict.

32 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

First of all- 'P' hokey  is assigned by default is  to 'PERI cancel', e.g. it would not allow  movement by joystick  as TC. 

PERI movement is not possible by joystick,  if  joystick button or keyboard hotkey assigned to  'Palm switch'  function is not  held pressed;  by default  there is no  hotkey assigned to TC's  'palm switch'(so you need to do this yourself), but  joystick  button '5' have default  'palm switch' assignment.

Also, if joystick have  have  application or  tool  to assign custom  profiles  to axes and buttons,  it wouldn't  hurt to check  what is going on there- may be there is some conflict.

Thanks alot for your interest and your help.

Now I have mouvement in Peri when i press P or joystickbutton.

Default profile, no otherwise mapped keys, and remapped the Plam key to TC palm switch.

As I remeber, the releases before i could move the Peri as TC without pressing key or button ...

Sorry for one last point. 

For me it is not that easy to keep a joystick button pressed an them press a second one at the same time for gun to peri, or peri to gun.

I assume this is much easier with a real palm swich on an real handle.

Maybe can you implement somethink like on the M1/M2 , where shift-p can toggle the state of the palm switch - need to be pressed, or only to simulate depressed.

Edited by Gottel

4 hours ago, Raven434th said:

Something isn't right but I'll be damned if I know what it is...I have to hold the palm switch to maintain  any modes,and releasing it cancels any input.this is making the cancel button 3 redundant.Modes aren't "sticking' in there respective modes.Its working strangely.But to be honest I'm not sure what is correct anymore.

Yes , same problem here , I have to press palm switch and pov hat to select one of the modes , ( joystick mode selected in controls )

1 minute ago, Raven434th said:

well, apparently that's how it works in RL...it's a big change to what were used to...pain to remap and relearn,but that's the way it is.

In general more real is ok, but there is no joystick with a easy to use palmswitch - and on the other hand you can use a mouse ...

11 minutes ago, Gottel said:

In general more real is ok, but there is no joystick with a easy to use palmswitch - and on the other hand you can use a mouse ...

yeah I'm lucky to have a pinky button to use as palm switch.But it is still a pain having to rethink a setup that I've used for years.IMO,there should be an option to disable the need for pressing palms though.One advantage to the new system is less arm movement when scanning.

Edited by Raven434th

26 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

yeah I'm lucky to have a pinky button to use as palm switch.But it is still a pain having to rethink a setup that I've used years.

Using a Thrustmaster T16000 here, without pinky switch, but maybe  I can use the Thrustmaster mappingtool, to programm it like an on/off switch, with permanent press in between. 

Tested:

Nither nice nor real:  but a soloution: you can use the the rudder axis (twist the stick) for example turn to left as permant press of p and turn right as depress - you need target software for this.

Doing this it will work like before, coolihad for gun to peri, button 4 for back to observe, but you have to twist the stick for palm on/off.

Edited by Gottel

• Members

Having to press a palm switch button when "joystick" and not "control handle" is selected in the Controls dialog is definitely a bug/not intended; we inverted the handling of palm switched since SB 1.0 for good reason.

This will be addressed.

21 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Having to press a palm switch button when "joystick" and not "control handle" is selected in the Controls dialog is definitely a bug/not intended; we inverted the handling of palm switched since SB 1.0 for good reason.

This will be addressed.

Thanks Ssnake! Chair tanker soul returned to body ^_^ I like the T-72 and the other thanks but Leo2 was my first love with the sim B|

Edited by Vikingo

16 hours ago, Vikingo said:

Mmm. Too much hustle (and the almost obligatory need of a joystick) for a system that was perfect in 4.157 please give the option to use one or the other way.^_^

Vikingo. I had the same problem but following the hints here I managed to fix it temporarily.

I also have the sim in Spanish so maybe this would help you

Go Controls, filtrar controles for Leopard 2 where it says „JC. Boton de anulacion (Leo2) assign a keyboard key or Joystick button  to it.

As long as you keep that keyboard pressed the peri works as before including the KH, KW and ZU modes.

At least it is workable until a fix is done by esimgames.

Since you mentioned you do not command English well, I am also providing you  the explanation in Spanish.

“Ve a controles, filtra por Leopard 2, a la funcion de „JC Boton de Anulacion (Leo2) le asignas una tecla que te sea facil de mantener apretada.

Mienstras tengas esa tecla apretada el peri funciona como antes incluidos los modos KH, KW y ZU pero si sueltas la tecla ya no funcionan. Solo funcionan con la tecla apretada.

I hope this helps you.

Edited by Furia

8 hours ago, Furia said:

Vikingo. I had the same problem but following the hints here I managed to fix it temporarily. [...]

I hope this helps you.

Muchimismas gracias Furia!! Ya mismo intento lo que me recomendaste y luego reporto B| Gracias por tomarte el tiempo en tan detallada explicación. Finalmente creo que entendí cual era el cambio ^_^

(thank you so much Furia for such detailed explanation and your support. I will try right now your recommendation. Finally I think I understand.)