Jump to content
Vikingo

4.159 Leopard 2A4/5 problems with KH/ZU/KW [FIXED]

Recommended Posts

Hola! 

 

 Just installed 4.159 over 4.157 (Windows 10) and while using the Leopard 2A4/A5 TC position (editor, range, instant action, tutorials...) the cursor up (KH Mode) cursor down (ZU Mode), shift+* (KW Mode) are not working anymore. I have no joystick in use, clicked the default option to try to reset the controls / check control handle on-off / joystick input on-off and restarting the game and Win10 without luck. Also try to change the keyboard language from spanish to english. When I use shift+cursors to order the gunner to scan front/left/right that function works. Read at the release notes something about palm switch/peri ZU for Leo 2 bugs fixed but don't know if something was changed here. 

 

Thanks! B|

 

ps: as always sorry for my bugged english 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There WERE related changes to enable joystick view control when unbuttoned, maybe this is a fallout from that fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a related Leo2a5 / joystick control problem after 4.159 this morning ...for some reason the dynamic lead button ( button 4 on CH products joystick ) would not induce lead , it acted as if dumping lead like M1's.

So I check control assignments and found I had Dynamic Lead ( P ) and Leo Gunner Palm Switch assigned to joystick button 4 . I cleared the Leo Palm switch assignment and problem was solved , holding button 4 now induces lead on Leo2 as intended .

I will try TC's mode control later and report back .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting.

 

So, yes, I would encourage everybody suffering from this phenomenon to check the joystick button assignments. May very well be that things don't work because of THAT, and not the changes that we made elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Vikingo said:

Hola! 

 

 Just installed 4.159 over 4.157 (Windows 10) and while using the Leopard 2A4/A5 TC position (editor, range, instant action, tutorials...) the cursor up (KH Mode) cursor down (ZU Mode), shift+* (KW Mode) are not working anymore. I have no joystick in use, clicked the default option to try to reset the controls / check control handle on-off / joystick input on-off and restarting the game and Win10 without luck. Also try to change the keyboard language from spanish to english. When I use shift+cursors to order the gunner to scan front/left/right that function works. Read at the release notes something about palm switch/peri ZU for Leo 2 bugs fixed but don't know if something was changed here. 

 

Thanks! B|

 

ps: as always sorry for my bugged english 

same problem here...arrows and pov cease to work for leopard modes

 

edit...seems I now have to hold  button 5 to get it to work.

Edited by Raven434th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! And if we dont have joyticks? Or just dont want to use one for the sim? Hope the old more straightforward system can be selected like an option ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Toastman said:

I had a related Leo2a5 / joystick control problem after 4.159 this morning ...for some reason the dynamic lead button ( button 4 on CH products joystick ) would not induce lead , it acted as if dumping lead like M1's.

So I check control assignments and found I had Dynamic Lead ( P ) and Leo Gunner Palm Switch assigned to joystick button 4 . I cleared the Leo Palm switch assignment and problem was solved , holding button 4 now induces lead on Leo2 as intended .

I will try TC's mode control later and report back .

 

Old default  'dynamic lead' button was not consistent with  palm switch,  so controls mapping was changed.  So this actually is not a bug,  but I  agree- this may be not very convenient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jartsev. Yes it seems the problem is when not using a joystick. Maybe an option can be added for select the old system and just press the cursor keys/shift+* but maybe that is a coding hell :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's always the option to press that button to restore default assignments. But typically this creates more work than fixing this one or two buttons, which is why I'm not recommending it. But the option is there. Very simple, very reliable - but potentially with a lot of side effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Something isn't right but I'll be damned if I know what it is...I have to hold the palm switch to maintain  any modes,and releasing it cancels any input.this is making the cancel button 3 redundant.Modes aren't "sticking' in there respective modes.Its working strangely.But to be honest I'm not sure what is correct anymore.

 

Edited by Raven434th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

Something isn't right but I'll be damned if I know what it is...I have to hold the palm switch to maintain  any modes,and releasing it cancels any input.this is making the cancel button 3 redundant.Modes aren't "sticking' in there respective modes.Its working strangely.But to be honest I'm not sure what is correct anymore.

 

Check  controls setup,   looks like 'Control handle' option is enabled instead of 'Joystick'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Vikingo said:

Thanks Jartsev. Yes it seems the problem is when not using a joystick. Maybe an option can be added for select the old system and just press the cursor keys/shift+* but maybe that is a coding hell :S

No,  your problem  with inability to  access KH/ZU/KW modes  is definitely a bug, and  users with joysticks are affected too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In my case they can be accessed...but the palm switch is kicking them out when released ....just as if the cancel button was pressed.

Edited by Raven434th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will wait for a solution. With my poor English I just don't understand how to fix this from here reading the advices. Will jump to my beloved T-72 for the moment B| Warsaw pact gain a running tank crew from inside a Leo2 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

nope joystick...does the same thing in both joy and control

This is getting more and more interesting. Do you see this  with  mouse+ keyboard,  or with joystick? Also, do you see issue with  in-game some specific  vehicle, or with few/many?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have no Joystick movement for commander when using sights (F2 or F3) 

F1 view I have the joystick movment, also gunner works normal with sights. Tested with leo's aswell as M1 , Marder and some more

Edited by Gottel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

joystick...but its not clear to me just what is supposed to happen when pressing whatever buttons now.Where is the leopard 2 tutorial so I can get it straight? AlI know is I never had to press more than 1 button at a time to engage the different modes in the leopard previously.Now its 2.And the cancel button is redundant now.

 

found tutorial...duh...going through it now

 

Edited by Raven434th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

joystick...but its not clear to me just what is supposed to happen when pressing whatever buttons now.Where is the leopard 2 tutorial so I can get it straight?

Well, tutorials will not help here, but  going through Controls list  actually can: Leo-2's current  defaults are  JoyButton 3 for the  Dynamic lead and JoyButton 5 for the Palm switch(GNR and TC).  Also  try to disconnect or disable  joystick, and check,  if  you can see same issue while using keyboard  and mouse.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mouse movement is working when commander and using F2 or F3, joystick isn't.

Joystick axis are working fine with F2 or F3 when gunner. 

Both is vehicle independand. Shift J and Alt J have no positive effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tutorial doesn't match what needs to happen in this patch to operate the tc position.Nowhere does it state that palm switch needs to be depressed at same time as kw\zu  modes.So what is correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gottel said:

Mouse movement is working when commander and using F2 or F3, joystick isn't.

Joystick axis are working fine with F2 or F3 when gunner. 

Both is vehicle independand.

This actually is vehicle-dependent. In some vehicles you need to keep hold palm switch button to pan  sight  view,  while it is a bug in case of some others vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

This actually is vehicle-dependent. In some vehicles you need to keep hold palm switch button to pan  sight  view,  while it is a bug in case of some others vehicles.

Just checked it, no moventment by Joystick as comander, equal if pressing "p".

On the other hand Peri view (independand) is not working via joystick, as F2 with or without palm.

But  unbuttoned view outside, or inside (F1) joystick axis are fine. Only in the sights the stick do not work.

Edited by Gottel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I switch to control handles I have to press Palm switch to traverse turret in gunner position.I dunno if this is how its supposed to work or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...