Assassin 7

Question about BK-31 Heat-FS-T [FIXED]

Do as I might.  As close to Assasin's video as I get it, same scenario, same ammo, same spot...  I cannot re-produce that at all.   I shot a lot of rounds and got just 1 kill.   

Could it be that gunnery ranking somehow affects this? 

Using Colebrooks "test-of-26.sce" scenario from this post:

I was able to reliably reproduce the OF-26 round being extremely lethal. Then I put Leo2A6's in instead of T-72s and M1A2s instead of Leo2Es and found the DM11 to be just as problematic.

Here is an M1A2 killed with a DM11 hit directly on the turret armor:

0zeFqro.jpg

I suspect the problem is indicated by the "RHA strength of fragments" indicator which says 6-67mm. 6.7cm of penetration for the fragments seems a bit excessive against armor.

No, the M1 is perfectly able to withstand 67mm fragments in areas that would kill it in all those areas of impact. If it was under the side skirt then that would be another story, but that is a vulnerable place on any tank (and is one reason why they have skirts).

Of course even with the fix, there would still be situations where some fragments could be lethal to some vehicles, like perhaps an aircraft bomb or 155mm artillery round, or some HE and HEAT rounds versus light and non-armor, but that would be correct.

The issue is actually when you go to the next "HE Explosion" sub event, the arrow.  If it says destroyed (overpressure) then this is the problem, so its easy to see the issue. Fragment kills (although non-existent in  these situations) is a nice new correct behavior, but its the over pressure kills on tanks by these rounds which are the issue.

Tank overpressure kills via aircraft bombs, very large/huge IEDs, hits by 155mm HE, FAE warheads are all fine though.

I am just trying to establish what is normal and expected, and what is not - since I know how prone everyone can be to panic attacks. 😑

The only overpressure damage listed is lost comms and immobilized. The part that indicates destroyed is just the direct impact of the round. Maybe it's just an AAR bug?

Ah, well, we did notice that it seems to show up most of the time but there are occasions where it doesn't happen. If you didn't see it there, then you will likely see it on other events.

As mentioned a while ago, the lethality is known now, thanks to this thread. This existed in "old HE" in 4.0, and we thought we addressed it entirely, but apparently it still remains.  Also described earlier is that the tests do not show that this happens reliably.  In tests it too 50 to 100 rounds, several different times, to get a kill. Its based on random numbers, die rolls. Some people can apparently see it reliably.

In any case, this has been/is addressed. Fixed. 

(With that in mind, and with all the time I have spent in this thread, I am officially moving on to other work, as this is now beating a dead horse).