Package download menager

jena73

this software need to download a map?

if yes, how can i find the uid package of a map that i would download..?

PS. when i try to load a scenario and i dont find the related map...because i search in my file but i dont find it...can i use this app to dowload it?

thx

• Members

The SB Map Package Download Manager is useful in two situations:

1. You know that a certain map exists and you have its map UID, and you want it "now", irrespective of what Steel Beasts is doing. Copy the map UID that you know about, "query the server" (which actually checks several of them, and if the map has been uploaded to one of the servers, the Manager will initiate download, unpacking, installation. Afterr reading the "success" message in the package's line you should click the "refresh" button (the two blue arrows forming a circle), and Steel Beasts can use the map
  2. A derivative of the situation, when you try to join a network session and the host picked a legacy scenario, but the map for this scenario has already been converted and uploaded. Since the legacy scenario, as long as it hasn't been saved in the 4.1 format, doesn't contain the map UID, Steel Beasts cannot (as it would normally do) download the map package automatically. In that case the session host might tell you the map UID in the chat or in some other way that you can copy it, then (see #1) query the map server(s).

In all other cases I can think of, Steel Beasts will automatically download and install a missing map package.

• Administrators

See the sticky in the maps thread for more detail on how we will handle user submitted maps.  The maps downloader is not a map browser, but does download the maps one at a time, provided that: 1. You know the package id OR 2.  Steel Beasts needs it.