Installing SB Pro PE 2.6, installation fails

Tord Hoppe

SP Pro PE v 2.654

Win 10

CM version 6.90

CM Stick 2.04

CM Serial is 2-nnnnnnn

At end of installation, popup "Codemeter runtime: Unsupported operating system, major=6, version=2.2, sp=0.0, type=1". When closing the popup the installation says it´s completed but no .exe to start SB. :(

I´ve rebooted computer after updating the CM firmware to 2.04

My guess is that Codemeter 6.90 is not supported under Win 10 (i.e. a Codemeter issue, not a SB / eSim issue).

It just happens that when 2.654 was published back in 2012, that 6.90 was current for Win 7 or whatever.

Perhaps download the latest Codemeter version for Win 10 and see how you go.

Edited by Gibsonm

That is indeed the problem you're seeing. I put 2.654 on my Win10 laptop recently when 4.1 wouldn't run You just need to skip the built-in codemeter install and download the newest one from Wibu. SB 2.654 itself works just fine on Windows 10.

Edited by Rotareneg

6.90 is a fresh install yesterday from the CM website.

When you say to skip the built-in CM install, I don't see that option anywhere.

Just to be clear, I also think this is only caused by the CM stuff, not SB itself. 😀

Edit: 6.90 is from 30 july 2019.

Edited by Tord Hoppe

• Members

Could well be that we separated the CodeMeter runtime installation from the Steel Beasts installation only with version 3.0. It's been seven, eight years. Memory is becoming fuzzy. I mean, this is one of the reasons that we release new versions of SB Pro. Sure, new features, better looks. But arguably it's even more so about adapting to the ever changing Windows environment. In 2011 "Windows 7" was but a rumor, and now it's discontinued already.