Editing A Map Properly

Striker

Hey Ssnake,

I wanted to send this to you personally since Michael Sielemann is no longer with us but you can't accept private messages at least from me anyhow. I want to edit the Hanover Weserberger map because there are some very minor issues with bridges. Mainly they're the wrong type in some places and they don't span the rivers properly. If I edit and fix the map, what is the proper way to send it back to the community? Should I keep the same name or rename it. Should I send it to you so you can approve it and replace the current version? Is there a marker in his map already to honor him?

I have a lot of time on my hands and wrong or misaligned bridges can make it hard to complete missions and the visual aspect can be a little bothering to me and probably other people. The images I'm attaching are where the road crosses the main river in the Northeast. I also merged the two different types of roads into the same type of road and used the correct double overpass bridge and put rail bridges where they're supposed to be. The reason I'm asking is that I use this map in my M1 Battle Tank campaign and I'm updating all of the missions so they'll work with the new version. I use the Salisbury Plain and Michael's map.

Thanks,

Striker

SS_14_51_35.jpg

SS_14_53_27.jpg

Edited by Striker

• Members

I suppose for the time being it's best to work on these issues as a delta map to the default Hannover-Weserbergland base map. At some point - "when everything has been addressed" (lol) - this could be saved as a new base map, and then we could integrate it into the installation as an alternative version with explanatory description like "Hannover-Weserbergland (fixed bridges)" or something like it.

I'm completely done with all the bridges Ssnake but I have another question. Are there any map objects to represent railroad tunnels? I've looked through all the objects and can't find anything.

Edited by Striker
Udate on map progress