Single player scenarios updated

ben

I have updated most of my single player scenarios for SB version 4.159.

Download from here

Hope you enjoy them, I welcome any feedback good or bad to improve them.

The changes are minor, a few new features added such as limited off map artillery ammo, a few new support units, and some gameplay tweaks to adjust for the new terrain.

Regards

Ben

Edited by ben

Speaking of updating sce.

The old gary owen -"camp hornfelt" series.   Does anyone have the means to update that to 4.1?   I have neither the ter or the hgt. The hgt is a .raw and the ter is not something listed in my 4.0 files.

50 minutes ago, ht-57 said:

The old gary owen -"camp hornfelt" series.   Does anyone have the means to update that to 4.1?   I have neither the ter or the hgt. The hgt is a .raw and the ter is not something listed in my 4.0 files.

raw was the old format of steel beasts gold. I think I saw a couple of those converted to 4.1 in the map installation.

• Members

.RAW files can be simply renamed as .HGT (conversely, if a .RAW is the registered height map in a given scenario and you have a .HGT file of the same name, there's a good chance (not a guarantee, though) that they contain identical data).

3 hours ago, ht-57 said:

Download the attached file and put it in your map packages folder. Here is the default location: C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\packages

You can also check my video here for how to actually do this yourself. 

plain41_[autocreated_base].zip

16 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Played the USMC one last night. Completed my objective but got my ass kicked. My air assault element popped more than a few turrets.

Really good scenario

Glad you enjoyed it 👍

In this update I gave the air assault guys an extra Javelin launcher to give them a bit more punch!

1 hour ago, TSe419E said:

Thanks for the update.

FYI M60 tank platoons had five vehicles in them.

I will consider that in the next update, thanks.  Will help ease the difficulty too, those 4 tanks are the key to winning the scenario!

Any other comments on the realism of the units for the time period?  I’m not an expert, I don’t aim for full real world realism in my scenarios, but at least want them to feel authentic.

Edited by ben

Hi

Updated version of Holding Bonsdorf is available.

A few changes to help difficulty on 4.159, British Army have mix of javelins NLAW and AT4.

Hope you enjoy it, let me know any bugs or feedback 👍

Edited by ben