Map editing raised roads

cata

I confess iv pretty much given up on the raise road feature.  Not been able to get it to work. Would love to hear from anyone who has?  At best im left with a bulge where a raised road meets a ramp, see image.  At worst i am experiencing a lot of CTD when trying to use these editing features.  Also, and i may well be wrong on this one, did i hear someone talk about being able to create over passes above roads?  Iv not being able to bridge two raised roads, if i'm wrong on this ok, if not could someone point me in the right direction, thanks.  

IMG_5738.JPG

12 hours ago, cata said:

I confess iv pretty much given up on the raise road feature.  Not been able to get it to work. Would love to hear from anyone who has?  At best im left with a bulge where a raised road meets a ramp, see image. 

This happens if there is a  road junction,  or  ends of the road segments are  overlapping each other.  So yo need to precisely align segment,  or try to use absolute heights.

12 hours ago, cata said:

At worst i am experiencing a lot of CTD when trying to use these editing features. 

Well,  if you are getting a CTDs, please send  crash dump to @Ssnake  via email, please.

• Members

Yes, we definitely want to receive all crashdumps. We can fix what's causing them, but only with the help of these files. They usually compress very well, if you zip or rar them they usually become so small that they can be sent by email. In the Windows Start Menu ... eSim Games ... Steel Beasts you'll find the folder Troubleshooting. It contains a link to the location of the Crashdump files. We're interested in anything that looks similar to this example, "SBProPE64cm.exe.16944.dmp" (instead of "16944" you'd have other, random numbers there).

• 1 month later...

When "terrain editing" I've found that if you do not have adequate ram and/or hd space, hangs and ctd's is what happens.

when terrain editing I've used 60 g of hd space just for one map which will amount to 80+g for sb alone if you have the root directory and the map package folder on the same drive.

so you must allocate ample space for the map package folder.

Also while using this feature sb is consuming an avg of 26-30g of ram, as opposed to the 9-10g used for mission editing.

after going from 16 to 48g of ram and adding a separate  1tb of hd for the sb map package folder, terrain editing

loads and saves just like the mission editor, no problem!

sys spec- 1200w psu/6850k 6 core I7 oc'd to 4.1 air cooled/ msi x99 carbon pro mb

48g ddr4 corsair vengeance ram oc'd 2600mhz/samsung evo ssd x4(2x250g evo 850 -1x1tb 860proevo- 1x 500 T3 removable)

nvidia 1080 FTW 8g ddr5 vr oc'd gpu 2025mhz- m 5005mhz/ 3xmon -1x34" curved asus arog 4k 100hz refresh-2x 27" asus ips

On 8/19/2019 at 7:24 AM, Ssnake said:

Yes, we definitely want to receive all crashdumps.

Unfortunately (for me anyway) im not getting any crashdumps when my PC hangs. Its happening a lot while editing maps using road/building leveling. At best i get something in the 'logs' folder. Im going to stop using this feature until i get a new PC and/or there is (hopefully) some optimisation done to reduce filesizes of delta maps with edited HGT data