Unable to start download manager - more then one instance [RESOLVED]

Gottel

Hello,

when I start the map gownload manger Icon, i get the message: "Unable to execute more then one instance simultaneously ..."

The problem: I cant find any instance, checked with taskmanager und procex64, also running as admin.

Also tried a new install of the download manager.

Any tips?

Marcus

5 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

It means it is already running. Look for a green Icon with a tick on it in your show hidden icons area (up arrow near the time).

Thanks for the tip! 

I checked all Icons, no green with a tip, also checked the text while mouseover. Uop arrow also checked ...

Edited by Gottel

I've had a similar issue when trying to restart it (it had disappeared from the task bar).

It had crashed and attempts to start the application from the desktop generated the same message.

I suspect I could address it by restarting the machine but I wont be able to do that for a little while.

• Members

In the list of services (find it by typing "services" in the Windows Start Menu) you'll find it in alphabetical order (probably somewhere next to the Steam Client Service).

Right-click or double-click the entry to open the properties where in the "General" tab you can change the start type from naual to automatic (delayed)  if you want it to run permanently. Otherwise it will start whenever you launch the Steel Beasts Map Package Download Manager (shall we call it SBMPDM?), or Steel Beasts for that matter.

6 hours ago, Ssnake said:

In the list of services (find it by typing "services" in the Windows Start Menu) you'll find it in alphabetical order (probably somewhere next to the Steam Client Service).

Right-click or double-click the entry to open the properties where in the "General" tab you can change the start type from naual to automatic (delayed)  if you want it to run permanently. Otherwise it will start whenever you launch the Steel Beasts Map Package Download Manager (shall we call it SBMPDM?), or Steel Beasts for that matter.

I hope it is ok, when i write the text what i have checked in german, it is much more easy for me :) If there is a solution, I can translate 

Ich habe den Dienst auf manuell gesetzt. Er ist, dass kann ich im taskmanager sehen nicht gestartet, ebenso keine exe mit dem Namen.  Ich habe ebenfalls mit einem Tool (procex64 von Microsft) geschaut und auch die Ausführungen mit Adminrechten angeguckt  - kein Dienst, kein Programm. Ausser mir ist kein anderer User angemeldet. Deinstallation und dann von der Webseite neu geladen hat auch nichts geändert. Es ging mal, das Fenster ging mal auf mit der ersten Version. Was genau passiert ist, kann ich nicht mehr nachvollziehen, ob es mit der neuen Version ging, kann ich auch nicht mehr genau sagen. Ich finde halt keinen Ansatz, das der SBMPDM :) irgendwie auf dem PC läuft, erhalte aber diese Fehlermeldung. Ein Icon habe ich demnach auch nicht.

Ein Hinweis: mit ignorelock geht das Fenster auf, aber: Fehlermeldung bei connecten siehe Screenshot. der Dienst läuft ...

Thanks

Bild2.jpg

Edited by Gottel

• Members

Wenn der Dienst auf "Manuell" gesetzt ist, muß er ausdrücklich gestartet werden (geschieht automatische beim Start von Steel Beasts, vom SB Map Package Download Manager). Er bleibt dann aber aktiv bis zum nächsten Neustart von Windows (außer, Du beendest ihn über die Dienste-Liste). Dies nur zum Grundsätzlichen.

Die Fehlermeldung deutet darauf hin, daß entweder unsere Bemühungen, den Dienst für wirklich jeden zum Laufen zu kriegen, mit Version 19 immer noch kein voller Erfolg waren, oder daß irgendeine Einstellung auf Deinem Rechner die AUsführung behindert. Nun lautet die Fehlermeldung, daß eine "angegebene Datei" nicht gefunden wurde.

Prüfe bitte mal C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Map Tools\Service\config, kannst Du dort die Datei "config.xml" finden?

Überhaupt sollte beim Rechtsklick auf C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Map Tools\ (bzw. wie auch immer Du Dein Zielverzeichnis bei der Programminstallation genannt hast) als Inhalt: 51 Dateien, 9 Ordner angezeigt bekommen. Stimmt das so?

Der Dienst startet, wenn ich das Icon klicke, das sehe ich auch unter Diensten dann.

Ich habe ein config.xml, bei mir auf g:, Pfad lautet: G:\Steel Beasts\Steel Beasts Map Tools\Service\config\config.xml.

Soll ich das testweise auf c; (default) installieren?

Die Anzahl habe ich auch 51 Dateien und 9 Ordner, 39,9 MB. Rechte habe ich auch genug, also Vollzugriff.

I had the same issue here. Most propable a previous crash supressed the usual cleanup of a locking mechanismn.

To solve the issue please remove the file

%AppData%\eSim Games\Steel Beasts Map Tools\IPC\PackageDownloadManagerMutex

The MapPackageDownloadManager should now start.

7 hours ago, cmeyer said:

I had the same issue here. Most propable a previous crash supressed the usual cleanup of a locking mechanismn.

very interseting: my appdata/romimg/esimgames data folder only contains two/steelbeasts only contains two folders: otions and records

Bo IPC ... 

8 hours ago, cmeyer said:

Sorry, I copied the wrong prefix. The file is not in AppData but it's under ProgramData!

%ProgramData%\eSim Games\Steel Beasts Map Tools\IPC\PackageDownloadManagerMutex

I believe that error is because the map server is not up and running yet.

If you copy this, 91ab4634-ec7e-46ef-966a-608b16fe4b5c, and paste it after picking "add download," you will get an updated version of a map (it's listed in the downloads section as Hannover-Weserbergland-M1BT-Camp 1.0.0).

Edited by TSe419E

@Gibsonm@Gottel

In "%ProgramData%\eSim Games\Steel Beasts Map Tools\logs" you will find a file "serviceLog.txt". Could you upload this file or send it to Ssnake ((at) eSimGames (.com))? We will then further investigate what's going on.

@TSe419E

I successfully downloaded  91ab4634-ec7e-46ef-966a-608b16fe4b5c here and both the base package and the delta package ended up on my disc. So the server seems to be up.

Mail send to snake.

I noticed that to delete the file- described above, only worked once, after closing and starting Programm agin, I get the instance message again.

Let me know If you need more logs or infos.

Edited by Gottel