M1A2 & Leo 2 stabilization issues when having a AI Gunner.

Assassin 7

• Moderators

Sorry to give conflicting information but actually, this is a feature AFAICR.

The gunner has this "error" added, which is derived from the gunner moving around the sight randomly from center of aim, like an unsteady hand. If this was not the case then they would be laser-accurate on the bullseye (and people already complain that they are very accurate - even though all AI gunners do this, even in vehicles that are fully crewed by AI).

I believe the error gets smaller and smaller with each successive engagement, but I could be wrong about that part.

Its always been like this since version 1.0.  Not to say that maybe one day there could be a better way to imperfect the AI, but accuracy comes from the aim point, I don't see what that would be.

14 minutes ago, Volcano said:

Sorry to give conflicting information but actually, this is a feature AFAICR.

The gunner has this "error" added, which is derived from the gunner moving around the sight randomly from center of aim, like an unsteady hand. If this was not the case then they would be laser-accurate on the bullseye (and people already complain that they are very accurate - even though all AI gunners do this, even in vehicles that are fully crewed by AI).

I believe the error gets smaller and smaller with each successive engagement, but I could be wrong about that part.

Its always been like this since version 1.0.  Not to say that maybe one day there could be a better way to imperfect the AI, but accuracy comes from the aim point, I don't see what that would be.

Ok  

• Moderators

So does the video from 4.023 show that they don't do this movement? Seems like that it. Just state your observation between the two.

I could have been wrong in my previous post, but I knew that the AI would move its sight around for added error.  We cannot investigate everything, but if something is happening in 4.1 that isn't happening in 4.0 then sure, it would be a bug (just state that in the post).

Just now, Volcano said:

So does the video from 4.023 show that they don't do this movement? Seems like that it. Just state your observation between the two.

I could have been wrong in my previous post, but I knew that the AI would move its sight around for added error.  We cannot investigate everything, but if something is happening in 4.1 that isn't happening in 4.0 then sure, it would be a bug (just state that in the post).

Ok my observation between the two is that 4.023 the AI gunner stays on the target though moving a little which is fine. The 4.159 the AI Gunner is on and off target as like its grabbing the palm switch really quick there was even a few rounds shot way off target. I will post another video of 4.159 if needed. I have had spoke with others and they have observed the same behavior.

Just checked and on the same scenario and terrain, in 4.023 the AI gunner does a pretty good job of keeping the gun on target but in 4.159 the gunners aim point jumps around as if it's turning the stabilization on and off randomly. The terrain theme has little bumpiness, and the stabilization worked perfectly when a human is gunning.