Kanium Sunday - Operation Dragon Hunter by Apocalypse

Nike-Ajax

image.png.0133ae4c5e9f3305bd32faceba119eaa.png

KANIUM SUNDAY 25th of August 1800 GMT - Operation Dragon Hunter by Apocalypse

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 
World Clock 1800 GMT (Same time as always - now adjusted for European Summer Time: click the time below for your local time) 

World clock 1800 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube channel. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE II:

I suggest to all who play with us download and install Chris mappack:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr1jl33xxhacftx/SB Converted Maps v2.rar?dl=0

For the next three months at least we will be working with this mappack and the official one when making scenarios.

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance :D 

map.thumb.png.2c8105dcc437ca8b7fc5636dab2ae866.png

Apocalypse Operation DragonHunter

I. Situation
In the Last 48 hours, militia fighters have moved south and occupied the Gomahalo peninsula.

This holds significant value, as the Gomahalo peninsula has been declared a de-militarized zone after years of civil strife. Intel now suspects that militia fighters have done this under the guidance of Chinese advisors operating in the area - also confirmed by friendly Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) sources that have been intercepting Chinese military communication.

The local militia is well armed - T62 tanks and BMP1's with trained and equipped infantry formations. Additionally, a Chinese command node is operating in the area and advising militia leaders as well as providing short range air defense (rough location is marked) to the north, near Badme.

Badme is also of significant value - the militia has historically used this village to stage operations and base themselves. Expect a prepared defense.

A NATO task force has been quickly assembled at the Gomahalo airport, to the south. This team also include a UAV that has been placed under your tactical control.

II. Mission

Team Crusher attacks to defeat militia fighters in Gomahalo and Badme.

III. Execution

Commanders Intent

Defeat militia forces by clearing them from the Gomahalo peninsula and the village of Badme. Prevent further Chinese influence in the area by destroying their command node

Key Tasks

1. Clear Gomahalo of militia fighters
2. Destroy the Chinese C2 Node located around Gomahalo
3. Clear Badme

Fires

4x Mortar carriers organically controlled by your company

IV Service & Support

Repair, Resupply, and Medical are organic to your company

V. Signals

Succession of Command: 66, 65, C-11, C-21, B-11, B-21

No change to signal SOI

Edited by Nike-Ajax

MANNING:

Team CRUSHER Command 

Crusher 66 (LEOPARD 2A5):  Mirzayev (Kanium,US)

Crusher OPS (MAN KAT1 w. RWS):

Crusher 81 (Piranha-IIIC TACP):

Crusher 1 (LEOPARD 2A5A2-DK)

Crusher 11 Cupcake (?,US)

Crusher 12 AKA_Clutter (AKA Wardogs squadron,US)

Crusher 13 Connaugh (Kanium,US)

Crusher 14 Roerbaek (Kanium,DK)

Crusher 2 (LEOPARD 2A5A2-DK)

Crusher 21 Assassin (Kanium,US)

Crusher 22 Gunslinger (Kanium,CAN)

Crusher 23 CavGunner (Kanium,US)

Crusher 24 Raven434th (?,US) 

Crusher 3 (Piranha DF 90)

Crusher 31 Nike-Ajax (Kanium,DK)

Crusher 32 Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

Crusher 33

Crusher 34 Chrisreb (Kanium,UK)

Beast 1 (Piranha DF 30)

Beast 11 Grenny (Kanium,DE)

Beast 12 Duke (Kanium,DE)

Beast 13

Beast 14 Furia (3. Reg TIZOMA,ESP)

Beast 2 (Piranha DF 30)

Beast 21 SnS (Kanium,UK)

Beast 22 Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

Beast 23 Dboy (Kanium,UK)

Beast 24 Wiglif (Kanium,US)

Crusher 84 - 4 x M1064

Crusher 5 - 7  CSS: Medic, ARV and SUPPLY

OPFOR:

NONE - SCRIPTED

No more needed

Where needed:

Cant make it:

Apocalypse (Kanium,US)

Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

Colebrook (Kanium,ESP)

Hosting:

Nike-Ajax

(19)

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Fantastic. I was waiting for an scenario with the new vehicles. Looks really interesting.

Please a possition for me in a DF 30. If available Beast 14.

By the way there is an error on the text. It says August 18 but I guess you mean Sunday 25th August.

4 minutes ago, Furia said:

Fantastic. I was waiting for an scenario with the new vehicles. Looks really interesting.

Please a possition for me in a DF 30. If available Beast 14.

By the way there is an error on the text. It says August 18 but I guess you mean Sunday 25th August.

Done and well spotted: its corrected now 😁

I've never played with you guys before, but I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. I'm pretty sure I can make this session, and if it's okay I'd like to man Crusher 11. If that's too much responsibility since I'm new to you guys, I'm willing to be placed where needed. I'm from the U.S. (although currently deployed outside of the U.S. for work) and I'm not affiliated with any online organizations. Also, although my username is AlphaOneSix, that's terribly confusing in-game, so I play online as Cupcake, chosen for my ability to strike terror into the hearts of my foes. Or maybe because I like cupcakes, who knows.

If for some reason I can't make it, I'll post here as soon as possible and apologize profusely.

Also important note for all:

Chris has updated his mappack to ver 2.0:

We will base ALL our scenarios on this mappack plus the official mappack  - and ONLY those two - for at least the next three months.

So to be able to play all our scenarios you need to download and install them at your leisure. 

Ask if anything is unclear or you have any issues - at least any game related issues 😉

1 hour ago, AKA_Clutter said:

OK I'll ask.  Where and how do I download this map pack?  Is it in the download list? Does it have a specific name? And do I use the new generic map installer to find it.  Sorry for all the questions but I have not done this before, and I am at work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr1jl33xxhacftx/SB Converted Maps v2.rar?dl=0

You need to unzip and put all the Folders in F:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\packages  substituting your own drive letter for F:   No need to do anything else. Start SB and they should be on your map list unless you have done something wrong.  😀

Edited by chrisreb