Problem Installing Scenarios

rkracht

Newbie - downloaded several scenarios that someone had updated to 4.159.  Extracted the files to c:\users\name\documents\esimsgames\steelbeasts\Myscenarios

Then when in the sim I loaded one of the new scenarios and received the following error message:  "Error loading the scenario!  It may be incompatible or its artwork (map) resources may be missing.  Please see log for more information"

I assume that in order for you to be able to see where my problem is you will need a "log".  I attached what appears to be a log file that was apparently created around the time i received the error.  

Need help.  Thanks

DebugLog_0.txt

15 minutes ago, ben said:

First thing to check, make sure you have Steel Beasts 4.159 as that’s what I made the scenarios with.

Yes that appears to be the problem.

From the second line of the log he posted: [21:00:51,234] CGame WARN : Steel Beasts Log File v4.156

@rkracht are you sure you are starting 4.159?

Edited by Gibsonm

You are right. The version is 4.156. I thought I installed the 4.159 patch but when I went to run it it apparently did not finish.  Question.  I have SB on my G drive. Unser Steel Beasts. I changed the path where the update I to be installed to G:\ Steel Beasts\ 

How are you starting this?

Perhaps you have a copy of 4.156 lying around somewhere on the machine (perhaps activated via a desktop shortcut or similar)?

Depending on where you installed the 4.159 patch, you may actually have 2 copies now (4.156 and 4.159) as opposed to the 4.159 executable replacing the earlier 4.156 copy.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

There's a 4.159 full installer available;  there is no need for patching after installing that one. But if there is confusion about whether a patch was applied and where the software is installed, I agree, the best is a clean slate. Use the uninstallation tool, then download and start the version 4.159 full installer (and the version 19 Steel Beasts Map Tools), per recommendations laid out in the 4.159 Release notes. All of that is available here.