Mission Editor help

ViperX_

12 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

Camouflage scheme/Nationality (mission editor). Also the theme will dictate the type of camo ie; winter/woodland etc, this is set in the map editor.

Can i change camo individually?I placed iraq brdm-2 and it has russian camo

30 minutes ago, ViperX_ said:

Can i change camo individually?I placed iraq brdm-2 and it has russian camo

Welcome to the Forum.

If you pick Iraq (IQ) as the nationality you'll see what the sim has built in.

Failing that perhaps try a different country code or look in the Downloads section to find something you like.

Yeah, several nations in the sim have their own markings and/or skins for the BRDM. Iraq is not one of them, for some reason.

And at this point there are no texture mods available for the newer, crewable model.

Here's what I did awhile back: I just removed all national markings and unit numbering from this unit's decal file. Put it in the woodland and/or desert "iq" mod folder, and you get an unmarked BRDM rather than a Soviet one for Iraq.

No charge. ☺️

BRDM_Family_Decals.dds

5 hours ago, Splash said:

Yeah, several nations in the sim have their own markings and/or skins for the BRDM. Iraq is not one of them, for some reason.

And at this point there are no texture mods available for the newer, crewable model.

Here's what I did awhile back: I just removed all national markings and unit numbering from this unit's decal file. Put it in the woodland and/or desert "iq" mod folder, and you get an unmarked BRDM rather than a Soviet one for Iraq.

No charge. ☺️

BRDM_Family_Decals.dds 341.48 kB · 0 downloads

I can upload the template for you at some point. It is humongous though as I work at least double resolution. It would also not be easy to use in photoshop (I don't work that way).

7 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

I can upload the template for you at some point.

Thanks for the offer, DarkAngel, but I'm personally satisfied to use your default skins for the BRDM. I just prefer that my Iraqi Army vehicles not have Soviet markings. That's an easy decal fix, which I offered to ViperX_ since he seemed to have the same concern.
But thanks again. It's a really good-looking model and textures.

@stormrider_sp, Unless I misinterpreted completely, I believe ViperX_ was looking for a way to get Iraqi camo for his vehicle. His problem was that the vehicle appeared to be Russian even though he had placed it in the Mission Editor as Iraq. That will happen, of course, when the sim doesn't include a texture for that vehicle for a given nation. Hopefully the offer of the decal file will solve it.