Problem with Spike missile

ChrisWerb

Hi. I just set up a scenario where a Spike ATGW launcher was employed against BMP-3 moving in and out of trees. On occasions the missile launcher would remain locked on the burning vehicle after impact. I can't understand how this could happen as, for the duration of the engagement, the view would be from the missile, not the launcher and the launcher would presumably not retain tracking of the target after missile impact. I could not find a way to break the lock other than respositioning the launcher.  i realise the missile must only have limited coolant (as an aside, the LR2  version uses an uncooled seeker), so there is only a certain amount of time to break lock and engage another target. How do I break lock?

Very strange... Ammo quantity is set 'unlimited', or you see the issue with limited supply of ammunition? 

Edit: 

1) Please make sure, that you are not right-clicking or pressing  'Ctrl' once back  in launcher view- this  should and will activate the target lock  disregarding of   seeker's thermal channel cooling

2) Active target lock can be  disengaged by 'Ctrl' hotkey or right mouse click... Or you can simply pan  sight view off  target- this will disable lock too

Hi Jartsev. No, I'm not clicking CTRL in launcher view and I have limited ammunition (1 ready + 5 reloads). What also happens is the reticle stays locked on burning vehicle regardless of training the launcher, even if I traverse the launcher so far that the reticle goes off the edge of the screen and back.