Kanium Sunday - The Attack on Buritz by Assassin

Nike-Ajax

1 hour ago, AlphaOneSix said:

I'm planning on making this but I won't know for sure until as late as the day of the mission, so I'll wait to request a slot until I know for sure.

Got it

MINOR change: shuffled a few players, and changed 2 PLt to STRVF 122

Also we need a CO

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself and see if I'd fit in here. Not associated with any groups and I have yet to play a multiplayer scenario, but I heard Kanium Sundays were very open to newbies. I really do want to try out the multiplayer and see what I can get myself into here but I don't want to hinder gameplay for anyone. Is there any sort of checklist for things I should do to get myself ready that you guys could recommend? I wouldn't mind being a Gunner for M1A2 or M2A2, though I've spent minimal time in the Bradley, I've always come back to one of the M1 variants over the years. Whichever I get, I plan on spending the days leading up to the event practicing that vehicle. If having a vehicle all to myself would be better (in case I get destroyed early) that'd be cool too. Or if a first timer might be better off elsewhere just let me know. Thanks!

4 hours ago, OriginalCopy said:

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself and see if I'd fit in here. Not associated with any groups and I have yet to play a multiplayer scenario, but I heard Kanium Sundays were very open to newbies. I really do want to try out the multiplayer and see what I can get myself into here but I don't want to hinder gameplay for anyone. Is there any sort of checklist for things I should do to get myself ready that you guys could recommend? I wouldn't mind being a Gunner for M1A2 or M2A2, though I've spent minimal time in the Bradley, I've always come back to one of the M1 variants over the years. Whichever I get, I plan on spending the days leading up to the event practicing that vehicle. If having a vehicle all to myself would be better (in case I get destroyed early) that'd be cool too. Or if a first timer might be better off elsewhere just let me know. Thanks!

Ho there

I think the remaining few open VU´s in SB try to keep their arms open for all new guys.

And in line with then we are certainly always happy to welcome new guys - we have all started regardless of our backgrounds from where you are. No matter what mistake you make, then we have all made it at some time.

So dont worry: just leap into it.

Regarding checklist, then this is my recommendation for what its worth:

1) If you can be bothered, then cast a glance on the manual. If not, then dont worry - you will learn it on the fly.

2) Do the Tutorial for whatever vehicle you have chosen to be in - in this case the M1A2

3) Do a few rounds on the gunnery range until you feel somewhat confident mainly about the controls -NO ONE expects you to be a crack shot of the bat.

4) Ask away with any stuff you thing is complex or weird

And finally: just take the leap. MP is much more fun than single player in my personal opinion.

We in Kanium mostly fight vs. a few selected OPFOR players, alternatively AI. The goal is to aim for realism to the degree its possible and above all FUN.

TGIF is mostly PvP - and one is NOT better than the other, nor does one exclude the other. But one might suit your taste better than others.

Also there is BGANZAC which will also welcome you with open arms.

And some ADHOCs of which I start a few when I have time - but feel free to use the ADHOC thread to arrange a game on the fly.

So to answer your question, then we usually jump into a fresh vehicle if our vehicle gets knocked out (IF there are any available), or alternatively jump in as gunner in another vehicle BUT ALWAYS ASK FIRST - because you dont just crash into another guys vehicle unannounced.

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Alrighty then, if I could take an M1A2 out for a spin I'd be delighted. I guess 2/1/A is the last one.

Thank you for the info. I'm not available for the TGIF, assuming it's on fridays. The only things I think I might have issues with is the map pack I just downloaded for this event and maybe teamspeak since I never use it. Hopefully all runs smoothly.

In any case, thank you for the welcome!

Edited by OriginalCopy
Stuff

1 hour ago, OriginalCopy said:

I'm not available for the TGIF, assuming it's on fridays.

10 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

You should check. Depending on where you are it may not be Friday. Its Saturday morning for me :)

TGIF timeslots (look for a town near you in the list): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190831T0200

Edited by Gibsonm

7 hours ago, OriginalCopy said:

Alrighty then, if I could take an M1A2 out for a spin I'd be delighted. I guess 2/1/A is the last one.

Thank you for the info. I'm not available for the TGIF, assuming it's on fridays. The only things I think I might have issues with is the map pack I just downloaded for this event and maybe teamspeak since I never use it. Hopefully all runs smoothly.

In any case, thank you for the welcome!

Hi and velcome

Regarding the TS and mappack come online on our ts 1 hour before start and i will help you with setup etc..

Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 

Put that into the field "Server name or Address" on a new bookmark

We will also test if you can run the scenario etc.... 

Please download these links

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr1jl33xxhacftx/SB Converted Maps v2.rar?dl=0

@chrisreb if he needs more then that packaged please link

MD 

Edited by Major duck

17 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

TGIF timeslots (look for a town near you in the list): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190831T0200

17 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

You should check. Depending on where you are it may not be Friday. Its Saturday morning for me :)

Thank you for this, I'll check in periodically, but definitely missed this one.

16 hours ago, Nike-Ajax said:

IMPORTANT NOTE !

We will be running the server with the new patch on Sunday, so 4.160:

Update to 4.160

Downloaded and installed. Good thing too, I wouldn't have known there was a patch.

15 hours ago, Assassin 7 said:

@OriginalCopy if you want you can be my gunner for this mission. But all up to you. Also we will take care of you too. Kanium is a great VU and understanding. Many experienced guys there. Just let us know. See you Sunday 👍

I like this idea. Sounds like you don't mind having me as a gunner and I'd be happy to do my best to keep you alive. I'll gladly be your gunner, if whoever needs to see this to slot me in there will do so??? I don't know who to mention it to. @Nike-Ajax is this for you?

10 hours ago, Major duck said:

Hi and velcome

Regarding the TS and mappack come online on our ts 1 hour before start and i will help you with setup etc..

Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 

Put that into the field "Server name or Address" on a new bookmark

We will also test if you can run the scenario etc.... 

Please download these links

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr1jl33xxhacftx/SB Converted Maps v2.rar?dl=0

@chrisreb if he needs more then that packaged please link

MD 

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear, getting in early and testing everthing. Thank you I will be there.