SB Pro PE 4.160

Ssnake

• Members

While it's not up yet and I could publish the Release Notes, I figured that you're better off if I summarized the changes in a small forum thread rather than have you find the bits and pieces distributed over 60 pages.

• AAR
    Removed the building smoke to cut down on AAR file size.
  • Localization

A number of previously hardcoded strings are now accessible for translation.

Updated Danish strings

Updated Russian strings
    Updated Spanish strings

• Ballistics
    Direct fire HE rounds will no longer kill tanks so often (as in 4.156 … 4.159) through the overpressure mechanism. It is still possible for overpressure to kill a tank, but this is by design, in the domain of 155mm HE, FAEs, large IEDs, and aircraft bombs. Also, note that tanks, PCs, trucks, mine protected vehicles, and (2 different classes of) MRAPs all have different levels of vulnerability modeled, so generally - PCs are more vulnerable than tanks, trucks are least resistant, and MRAPs are the most resistant to kill via overpressure
    Adjusted (increased) the crosswind drag for a number of HE rounds, mostly

• GTK Boxer
    Added an Australian camouflage texture

• VW Amarok
    Corrected an error on the rear window which caused police emblems to appear on the back glass
    Ordered the rotation axis on right side wheels to stop being contrarian

• Leopard 2
    Fixed bug 7750 even more to allow the use of joysticks for both the turret operation and view panning

• Leopard 2A5+
    Joystick may be used again to more the turret in manual (“Not Aus”) mode

• T-72B1
    Corrected the missing T-72B1 commander's hatch on the OPFOR and RU and RU2020 textures

Bugfixes without BZ entry

• Improved the sink depth of the "dtree1" palm tree

• Corrected some artifacts on the snow specular textures. Also adjusted the sand normal texture, and greatly improved the sand specular textures so that they appear less like plastic, and more gritty
  • Improved the asphalt, concrete, dirt, dry lake, gravel and sand specular textures, and added a new mud normal and specular texture (for beaches)
  • Corrected the alignment of the dry lake normal textures
  • Fixed an issue where pressing the Map Package Download Manager's 'Continue' button would in fact not continue the scenario loading process

Resolved Bugzilla entries

• Fixed bug #4615; Vehicles equipped with NVGs may now drive faster at night, unless dense fog is added to the darkness
  • Fixed bug #7637, 7666; Vehicles will now handle wadis better; avoid them in most cases, but drive into them where necessary
  • Fixed bug #7653; infantry will no longer be stationary when they should be moving
  • Fixed bug #7662; roads should no longer become transparent, at least at relevant observation ranges
  • Fixed bug #7666, see #7637
  • Fixed bug #7669; no more pirouettes in the Panzer Ballet where close column formation had vehicles drive in circles when going to wider spacing
  • Fixed bug #7750; in many Leopard 2 variants the unbuttoned commander may now control his view with the joystick again (without having to put the Peri into ZÜ mode)
  • Fixed bug #7750 even more.
  • Fixed bug #7762; looking at skylined trees will no longer produce certain transparency-related render artifacts
  • Fixed bug #7773; Shift+A and Shift +D will turn vehicle by 1/16th full circle (=22.5°) again
  • Fixed bug #7787, in the Map Editor the 3D preview will work properly even if the user just added a new road object
  • Fixed bug #7825; water is now properly rendered in the Map Editor again
  • Fixed bug #7830; you may no longer occupy the Squad leader’s position in personnel carriers that have no crew positions
  • Fixed bug #7833; overpressure will kill tanks now only when it’s supposed to
  • Fixed bug #7837; in the Mission Editor, IEDs no longer duplicate as "1x Unknown"
  • Fixed bug #7840 by adjusting certain WP smoke particle effect
  • Fixed bug #7848; the Afganit APS behaves now more discriminatory when intercepting projectiles on a near-miss trajectory
  • Fixed bug #7860; the Ctrl+F and similar leveling dialog boxes in the Map Editor will now be kept entirely within the visible screen area
  • Fixed bug #7872, where Weather default values were ignored in the Mission Editor, failing to adopt theme-specific settings (applies to new scenarios only without previously defined weather control points)
  • Fixed bug #7875; Leopard 2 fire control systems will now compensate for crosswind in in the Personal Edition
  • Fixed bug #7879; Leopard 2A5 (and newer) may now control the turrets again with the joystick in manual (Turm Aus) mode (this was a regression error from too hasty attempts to fix bug 7750)
  • Fixed bug #7889; eliminated a text overflow in the Call for Fire dialog if off-map artillery had "infinite" ammo

• Members

A week ago someone asked me for an Australian camouflage paint job. Six days ago I commissioned an Australian camo texture. Here it is. It's free.

If the ADF want an entirely different vehicle, that can also be done, but not in a patch, not as a part of regular maintenance. It's development contract territory, and you know it.

11 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

A week ago someone asked me for an Australian camouflage paint job. Six days ago I commissioned an Australian camo texture. Here it is. It's free.

If the ADF want an entirely different vehicle, that can also be done, but not in a patch, not as a part of regular maintenance. It's development contract territory, and you know it.

Yes, I know and I appreciate the work for whoever the requester was.

• Members

Not mentioned in the Release Notes since there was no entry in the changelog, but still worth mentioning is that the relationship status of laser range finders and dust particles has changed to "it's complicated" (actually, not very) :

• THICK dust will still block LRFs, and it should.
  • THIN dust will not block the LRF, as it shouldn't.

The same principle applies to thermal autofocus.

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Not mentioned in the Release Notes since there was no entry in the changelog, but still worth mentioning is that the relationship status of laser range finders and dust particles has changed to "it's complicated" (actually, not very) :

Agreed, Thank you for that and the patch

8 hours ago, Ssnake said:

That Sounds ye olde Facebook..