4.160 crash

Bond_Villian

Not trying to create alarm, just thought i would report this as its unusual.

Was just testing a scenario in the mission editor after installing 4.160 patch, and had a very hard crash unlike anything ive seen before. Screen displayed static and audio was looping, needed to hard reset PC to end it.

There is no report in the appdata/local/crashdumps folder, however there is this report in the logs folder;

DebugLog.txt

Edited by Bond_Villian

And this is from the windows 'reliability' monitor

Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
‎30/‎08/‎2019 1:57 PM

Status
Report sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:    3081

Extra information about the problem
BCCode:    1e
BCP1:    0000000000000000
BCP2:    0000000000000000
BCP3:    0000000000000000
BCP4:    0000000000000000
OS Version:    6_1_7601
Service Pack:    1_0
Product:    768_1
Bucket ID:    X64_0x1E_c0000094_dxgmms1!VidSchiProcessDpcVSyncCookie+e9
Server information:    1ae04e47-7d56-4065-ba40-12eb96e04d7d

18 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

Attached is the base & delta maps for the scenario (i dont remember if the LOMBA RIVER basemap is included in the install), along with the sce. files. There are 2 versions, only difference being OMU/FMU. I was driving around checking the visibility, theme and weather etc when i had the crash.

CUANAVALE.zip 318.29 MB · 0 downloads

Ok, thanks. I'll try to reproduce.

Hi,

Your DebugLog.txt reports that your system has 12GB of physical memory. This is used to 65% by the end of loading the scenario. Your swap space grows by 6GB during loading the scenario which then occupies 30% of the total available space. Basically SB should run fine in this situation.

It looks like you are running a Windows 7 system. I found this page from microsoft referencing your OS revision which describes a bluescreen situation. Perhaps the whole problem is related to a driver failure?

To further analyse the crash could you give feedback on:

1.  Is the crash reproducible?
  2. Which is the scenario you load? If it's publicly available I could look into it on my Win7 system and see wether it loads.

Edited by cmeyer

38 minutes ago, cmeyer said:

Your DebugLog.txt reports that your system has 12GB of physical memory. This is used to 65% by then end of loading the scenario. Your swap space grows by 6GB during loading the scenario which then occupies 30% of the total available space. Basically SB should run fine in this situation.

ok thats good to know, thanks.

38 minutes ago, cmeyer said:

It looks like you are running a Windows 7 system. I found this page from microsoft referencing your OS revision which describes a bluescreen situation. Perhaps the whole problem is related to a driver failure?

I wouldnt be surprised if it was a driver failure, but there was nothing in the log that i could see that mentioned device or driver failure.

43 minutes ago, cmeyer said:
  •  Is the crash reproducible?
  • Which is the scenario you load? If it's publicly available I could look into it on my Win7 system and see wether it loads. 

1) I have not been able to reproduce the crash.

2) The scenario (and required maps) are posted above.

I reinstalled the 4.160 patch, hopefully that fixed it!

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

I wouldnt be surprised if it was a driver failure, but there was nothing in the log that i could see that mentioned device or driver failure.

You won't see system messages in the SteelBeasts logfile. These are recorded in the Windows Event System. You could try to find some reports on the error short before or after the crash in your event log.

1) I have not been able to reproduce the crash.

So the SCE loaded fine then?

2) The scenario (and required maps) are posted above.

Thanks. @Jartsev and myself independently tested both SCE on our Win10 machines: We had no problems to load and start either of both SCE.

I will report on the tests on my Win7 machines a bit later.

You just got a new video card right? You'd be hard pressed to find one that uses more power than your previous GTX 690 so I doubt it's your power supply, but it might be worth pulling the new card out of the PCI-e slot slightly and reinserting it to make sure it's getting a good connection, along with unplugging and reconnecting the power connectors on it.