PEBTAC problem with Damage if AND Repair if

Hoover

Hi,

If someone would be so nice and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I try to achieve to a repare a damaged main gun when platoon 1/A enters a custom region.

No luck til now, the gun remains damaged...

What I did so far.

1.) Unit 1A>options damage if this unit is 1/A AND mission time > 0:00 (screenshot #1)

2.) Unit 1A>options repare if 1/A is in region 5 (screenshot #2)

3.) Triggered an event when Unit 1/A is in region 5

• release of the trigger ist confirmed by reading the trigger message (screenshot #3)

Cheers

Nr-1.jpg

Nr-3.jpg

Nr-2.jpg

Damage will be  continuously applied, because  condition  'mission time >0:00" remains true.  So  it would be  better to create an event, and   use damage criteria 'Damage if:  event ... is true'   a  small transparent region,  and use  damage criteria  'Damage if: Unit XXX  is in  Region YYY"

2 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

I dont understand what the 3rd part is supposed to achieve...?

Hi Bond_Villian,

Thanks for your help. My intention is, that if unit 1/A is in region5 the red event 1 is triggered. The Repair if watches for this event to occur and repairs the unit a soon as it happens.

2 hours ago, Jartsev said:

Damage will be  continuously applied, because  condition  'mission time >0:00" remains true.  So  it would be  better to create an event, and   use damage criteria 'Damage if:  event ... is true'   a  small transparent region,  and use  damage criteria  'Damage if: Unit XXX  is in  Region YYY"

Hi Jartsev,

Thanks for your help. It's easy to get lost in such an enormous and capable steering system with triggers, events and conditions. I read the manual and the sentence, I highighted in green, confused me a bit.

"Damage / Damage if...: These submenus provide the ability to specify starting damages or damages that will occur if certain conditions are met (through the use of Boolean logic). The damages listed in the two submenus are dependent on the specific vehicle.
Note: Damages set with the option Damage can never be repaired. If the affected unit is supposed to be repaired at some point during the exercise, use Damage, if… and set the condition to something like Mission time > 0:00.
Repair if...: This submenu provides the ability to specify damages that will be repaired if certain conditions are met (through the use of Boolean logic). Note that some types of damage will automatically be repaired during the Execution Phase (e.g. track damage), and some will not. This feature allows special conditions to be set to speed up repair or to repair damages that cannot be repaired by default."

7 hours ago, Hoover said:

. My intention is, that if unit 1/A is in region5 the red event 1 is triggered. The Repair if watches for this event to occur and repairs the unit a soon as it happens.

Ok, that event is not needed. You could change the damage if condition to be 'mission time is less than 00 05 or similar. This condition is no longer true after 5 seconds

6 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

damage if condition to be 'mission time is less than 00 05 or similar. This condition is no longer true after 5 seconds

Thank You Bond_Villiain,

I will try it. It seems that my logical thinking sucks.🙈

• Members
18 hours ago, Hoover said:

1.) Unit 1A>options damage if this unit is 1/A AND mission time > 0:00 (screenshot #1)

Since you're applying the condition directly to a unit (1/A), its identity is always a given (it can never be anything but 1/A, unless you change its designation in the Mission Editor itself). So the first conditional won't do anything (unless you change the unit's designation later, in which case it will prevent everything). Recommendation: Don't use it.